DVDVR Message Board

A STATE OF THE DVDVR - NOVEMBER 2015

RIPPA

Hola~!

Nothing earth-shattering this time around just some random bits of info I figured I would group together (that most people won't read since most people pretend there is only one forum around here)

- I am going to be doing some behind the scenes site work the next few days. It should have ZERO effect on the board but of course I need to say it because you know something will happen. I will blame the Dutch and go from there. As per usual - status updates about the site can always be found via the DVDVR Twitter account or Facebook page.

- If you follow the Wrestler of the Day sub-forum - make sure to check out my announcement from today

- I will be creating (like as soon as I am done with this message) a Wrestling Media Sub-Forum. It has been requested that since every fucking wrestler does a god damn podcast now and Kris and Bix have 9402 podcasts themselves - that we dedicate a little site space to that. I reserve the right to completely blow it up in two weeks when I hate it.

- Because I am a fool - I have a few major projects planned for the next few months (some wrestling related, some not). And none of them is even factoring in March Madness. Some of them will be better the more that participate. Some will lead to lots and lots of yelling. Why do I hate free time? Why do I hate trying to make money?

- And just to give you all some insight into how stupid my crazy brain works. I have spent the last two hours trying to come up with something to replace our "X number of fists..." tag line and have got nothing. I suck. Pretty much going have to go with "The Old Men of Internet Wrestling"

• Like 7

How about "Two Sets of Hips Ready To Snap"?

If we are going to make T-shirts it probably just should be "DVDVR: Get the Hell Off Our Lawns"

I'd buy that and possibly/probably/definitely wear it while doing commentary.

Which reminds me, I have yet to drop any DVDVR refs.  I've got a tag tournament coming up, I should fix that...

I'm 42....old enough to qualify for "The Old Men of Internet Wrestling" but still young enough to mock OSJ for being mummy-dust old.

Get the fuck off my lawn, Doc!

"Age is just a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it don't matter!"

-Leroy "Satchel" Paige

co-opted by Jerry "The King" Lawler on numerous occasions.

I'm pretty sure I'm the age (or older) Phil was when I first started making jokes about him being old.

HOW

DOES IT FEEL

TO TREAT ME

LIKE YOU DO

Great, it brings me joy and tons of thrills every day. I can't stop smiling every time I think about it. I just wanted to be your god and have achieved it. Also, I think we're the same age.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I'm the age (or older) Phil was when I first started making jokes about him being old.

HOW

DOES IT FEEL

TO TREAT ME

LIKE YOU DO

I'm so old that it took me ten seconds to realize that was New Order.

• Like 1

HOW

DOES IT FEEL

TO TREAT ME

LIKE YOU DO

I'm so old that it took me ten seconds to realize that was New Order.

I recognized it as the theme song for Chikara's Team F.I.S.T. (back when Chikara was still good and something I followed regularly). Not quite as old as some of you here, but when your 9 year old niece makes you feel old at times, that must be what it feels like.