DVDVR Message Board

Preacher

Craig H

On 8/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Or then again....

I've never been happier to be wrong, as my favorite thing about this show is how it weaves in almost everything. I don't want to spoil anything, but it seems to me they wrapped up Jesus DeSade with just the most important part, De Sade's look and the little boy, and Jesse going in to kick some ass. Then it cuts to the plane. If there's flashbacks next episode, I'll be happily wrong again.

At this point I'm expecting them to work in Cassidy's New York serial killer friend and the repressed violent cop. It wouldn't make any sense, but they've done an incredible job so far of getting everything in.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I finally watched season four. The pacing was very uneven, lots of bits where it felt like they were just treading water and going around in circles, but also some bits that felt like they rushed past them. The Saint of Killers seemed a lot more deus ex machina here, where he was always solely focused on one singular goal, but what that goal was seemed to drastically change without much in the way of explanation as to why it would. Also, too much God. They showed their hand too early with him, by featuring him too often. Jesus was cool though. Must have missed the bit where Hitler became king of hell, last I remembered he was on the bus with Arseface when the Saint showed up.

Still, these are caveats. On the whole, it was a great show top to bottom. And really, it's pretty unbelievable that THEY ACTUALLY MADE A TV SHOW OF PREACHER AND IT RAN FOUR SEASONS. Kind of a million to one thing, that. You'd think it would get banned, or toned down to the point of being unrecognisable.

• Like 1