DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: KANE

RIPPA

For as much shit people give Kane, the total number of incredibly entertaining stuff his character has given over the years is very very very high.

Which is especially amazing, considering the sheer amount of the worst-ever booking that he's been subjected to. I mean, Katie Vick and the unmasking/remasking and all the Undertaker soap operas and MAY NINETEENTH and everything involved with the entire Lita marriage (including a miscarriage angle) and the awful handling of all his title reigns and and aaaand ARGH they've made him eat so much shit. Not to mention the several million different gimmicks he had foisted upon him during his early days. Has any wrestler EVER survived so much awful, awful, seriously-worst-of-all-time booking and not only kept going, but kept returning to the top of the card? Kane is seriously one of the most underrated-by-the-IWC performers in the modern era, he has taken crappier material and dragged it further than anyone else I can think of.
  • Like 1

the Kane/Lita wedding ceremony is my second favorite wrestling-related wedding (and therefore includes any wedding in any tv show ever) after Macho/Liz.

the May 19th thing was incredibly stupid. except that one of my friends was getting married that day. we used to call him from random numbers and just say "MAY NINETEENTH" and whatever else kane was doing at that time. it actually added some sort of interest to a ridiculous angle.

can't believe that Kane/Show match didn't get posted until the second page. was expecting that in the opening salvo.

I was at WM23 and Kane's Titantron had me in awe.  Why he had to job to Khali after making such a badass entrance still baffles me.

FFWD to the 1:32 mark in the vid to relive the hellish glory.

I present to you the Kane and Lita wedding

Anyone who acts all elite and snooty and says that they did not like the orchestral rendition of Kane's theme can just fuck right off.

Outside of Trish obviously, the orchestral Kane theme was my favorite part. Eric Bischoff is so sleazy, he would have been perfect for the Brother Love gimmick if the WWF didn't have Bruce Prichard at the time.