DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Did Mecha Mummy have any matches as awesome as his with Minoru Suzuki? Because that was prettttty fucking awesome.

It's the least of the stuff mentioned thus far, but he had a feud with Naoshi Sano and at one point Sano became a Robo Cop clone, called Mecha Stanley from what I remember. But it's been a while and that Union DVD* is packed in a box so I can't grab it and check.

( It's the first Union DVD DDT put out, it highlights 2 feuds Poison Sawada vs the evil Karate army and Sano vs Mecha Mummy. )

• Like 1

I've heard the Hogan/Starrcade story elsewhere so I assume it's legit. The idea of Hogan ditching his kayfabe friends Ric Flair and Wahoo McDaniel to go work in the WWF should have been explored by WCW when Hogan arrived in 1994. Or at least Heenan could have constantly mentioned it.

Considering that Hogan was in Japan when Starrcade '83 happened, he wasn't going to be there in any case.

In the unlikely event that anyone cares, his match that night was a six-man with Inoki and Fujinami against Choshu, Yatsu, and Hamaguchi, which sounds pretty fucking amazing.

• Like 1

Gary Hart in his book actually covered that....he said Hogan was never booked for the event itself.

"I don't care what Bill Apter promoted in his magazine. There were pictures of Hogan and other wrestlers (who didn't appear on the card) in the Starrcade program. He was never booked."

I knew I remembered hearing the explanation in someone's book, that's it!

"Starcade"

They didn't even get the name of the event right....

#blamekevindunn, right guys?

I always wondered what the second "R" was for in the first place.  Not that I bothered to try looking it up or anything...

"Starcade"

I always wondered what the second "R" was for in the first place. Not that I bothered to try looking it up or anything...

Dusty stole the name from another TBS show - Starcade, a game show where contestants try to complete set challenges on arcade machines for prizes.

"Starcade"

I always wondered what the second "R" was for in the first place. Not that I bothered to try looking it up or anything...

Dusty stole the name from another TBS show - Starcade, a game show where contestants try to complete set challenges on arcade machines for prizes.

We gonna call it thtarrcaydeh, baby. With two r's.

Spoilered for size.

JoshiProHakata2015201%20-%20Copy.jpg

Jesus, look at the 3 man creep show behind her. It's like they're trying to will their eyes to be able to see through the fabric of her robe. I feel bad for women.

It is rather unfortunate. I prefer to focus on how happy the two girls look. They brought snacks and stuff to give to their favorite wrestlers after the show and I think they traveled fairly far to get to the show.

• Like 1