DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

Missy Hyatt's twitter feed is not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.

She's pretty funny at times and you can tell she's a huge wrestling fan. Missy was my first wrestling crush back in the day.

She's a fan of blowing up the ring FMW-style when Raw opens with 20-minute promos. That alone should endear her to the majority of us.

• Like 2

Missy Hyatt's twitter feed is not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.

She's pretty funny at times and you can tell she's a huge wrestling fan. Missy was my first wrestling crush back in the day.

I remember having a good laugh when Kane attacked Daniel Bryan right after his title win and Missy tweeted something like "I look forward to Abyss attacking Eric Young on Impact this week".

Don't forget, actually do, that '97 Rumble match. Awful. Plus, Mil Mascaras managed to beat Savage in the "Dumbest Elimination Award". Though, considering who we're talking about here, it's no surprise that he'd "protect" himself in that fashion.

I more enjoy that no one in the WWF knew that Mascaras was going to be difficult to work with.

I've often wondered whether Mil did that sort of shit when he was working with some of the more legit badasses in the biz. I can't see him no-selling Harley Race or Tenryu for very long before something awful happened to him.

The fact that Mil is alive and well and in his 70s is a pretty good indicator that he never played that shit with Harley or Tenryu. No selling either one of those guys gives you the life-expectancy of a house-fly.

• Like 2

Don't forget, actually do, that '97 Rumble match. Awful. Plus, Mil Mascaras managed to beat Savage in the "Dumbest Elimination Award". Though, considering who we're talking about here, it's no surprise that he'd "protect" himself in that fashion.

I more enjoy that no one in the WWF knew that Mascaras was going to be difficult to work with.

I've often wondered whether Mil did that sort of shit when he was working with some of the more legit badasses in the biz. I can't see him no-selling Harley Race or Tenryu for very long before something awful happened to him.

The fact that Mil is alive and well and in his 70s is a pretty good indicator that he never played that shit with Harley or Tenryu. No selling either one of those guys gives you the life-expectancy of a house-fly.

Could Mil have been a badass himself, or enough of one to keep someone from messing with him? 

Could Mil have been a badass himself, or enough of one to keep someone from messing with him? 

I guess it's possible but usually the bad asses have some sort of reputation that follows them around. Mil isn't one of the guys I've heard about in the the legit tough guy discussion.

I asked these questions before about Mil and I seem to recall that the response I received was something along the lines of guys like Mil having protection. So if you went into business for yourself in a match, or even decided to stiff the shit out of him, much less try to fuck him up outside the ring, chances are that more than a few guys would fuck you up or worse in return.

There is a report that it will be announced tonight (or at least the tease will start) for Paige/Charlotte at TLC in a Ladder Match.

Yeah....

Decent idea....wrong wrestlers.

Imagine for a moment Becky vs. Sasha in the same spotlight.

• Like 1

There is a report that it will be announced tonight (or at least the tease will start) for Paige/Charlotte at TLC in a Ladder Match.

Yeah....

Decent idea....wrong wrestlers.

Imagine for a moment Becky vs. Sasha in the same spotlight.

I agree, but I'm imagining the match with Nikki Bella and Eva Marie.....and a pole.  I call it the Nikki and Eva Marie on my pole match.  

• Like 2

Great idea to run a women's ladder match, but I agree with Ramsay, I don't know if these are the two wrestlers to pull it off. The bar has just been set so high over the years, I don't know if it fits either of them stylistically enough.

Looking forward to the uncomfortable Scott Hall tweets for sure, though.

Vince knows how much love NXT got for the Ironman between Bayley and Sasha and has decided that he'll top it, except without any understanding of why people loved the Ironman in the first place.