DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: DUMP MATSUMOTO

RIPPA

Back during my arcade sharking days at Hampton University, I was really good at this game as I was with most pro wrestling games. 

I could play Mat Mania for HOURS~! on one quarter.

I made one kid cry because he spent about five dollars and still could not beat my team of Dump and Bull with the Crush Girls.

Boy Gorilla could not be more enthused about that MSG match. "No tag there... not like it matters." "Of course the referee isn't going to be disqualifying anyone here." What a prick. 

Now you see I had a totally different interpretation of that. 

I felt that Gorilla was rightfully voicing his disgust at the business exposing, horrible officiating and not necessarily at the shenanigans of the workers.  That guy was pretty terrible.

I could see if there was some backstory about the ref being intimidated into complacency by Dump and Bull or if the ref was in Dump and Bull's pocket, but that dude just plain did not call anything and Gorilla does his best to kayfabe commentate as if there is actually a rulebook somewhere that the ref is not enforcing.

There was a lot not to like (and sometimes downright hate) about Gorilla as a worker, but I don't have too many issues with Gorilla as a color guy.

What was shown was so short that I didn't get any of that at all out of it, he just seemed disinterested. Maybe if I had seen more of the ref being lax (he did call the hair pulling even if he was lenient). Also that comment about Dump and Bull moving into the "Sumo ranks" of wrestling in Japan... get lost, Gorilla. I love the man but hey.

He did cover for that whiffed clothesline well though.

Greatest monster heel ever. When Dump would charge into the audience with her kendo stick people were in fear for their fucking lives. You see some wrestlers charge into the crowd and people are running, but giggling as they run; that wasn't the case with Dump, people were scared shitless and rightfully so. If that woman killed and ate an opponent in the ring I wouldn't be at all surprised.

• Like 1