DVDVR Message Board

UK thread...we need one, right?

JMFabiano

I didn't see one, and wanted to comment about discovering The Mongrels on Hulu recently.  Anyone ever watch that?  (though, if you don't like Family Guy, you may not, as it's basically FG with animal puppets.  Still great though, and I am one who didn't give up totally on FG anyway...)

• 1 month later...

BUMP!

For those that don't know, a special one hour final episode of The IT Crowd aired a few days ago. Currently downloading it.

What other British shows are worth watching. I've heard good things about Broadchurch, and when I was back home, I saw a preview of Peeky Blinders. Looked interesting, like a British Boardwalk Empire, and it had Cillian Murphy, so I was sold on that. What else?

I understand Charlie Brooker had some decent drama stuff. How are they?

The first episode of Peaky Blinders was excellent, I've just not had time to watch the rest yet. It's on iplayer for a while though, so I'll check it out. Haven't even heard of Broadchurch, so I assume it's on ITV, which I tend to avoid. Charlie Brooker did Black Mirror a while back which was pretty hit or miss, and he's done these detective show spoofs(I think, again, not seen it) on SKY called A Touch Of Cloth.

I'd forgotten that the final IT Crowd was happening, off to 4od to watch it now.

BUMP!

For those that don't know, a special one hour final episode of The IT Crowd aired a few days ago. Currently downloading it.

What other British shows are worth watching. I've heard good things about Broadchurch, and when I was back home, I saw a preview of Peeky Blinders. Looked interesting, like a British Boardwalk Empire, and it had Cillian Murphy, so I was sold on that. What else?

I understand Charlie Brooker had some decent drama stuff. How are they?

Thanks for the heads up on this one. IT Crowd is a great show and I'm said it's gone, but they gave it a good farewell. Loved seeing Richmond return!

Speaking of the IT Crowd, did Family Tree air in America yet? It's a Christopher Guest TV show, with Chris O'Dowd in the lead role. 'Tis good. Not sure why Guest wanted to make a BBC sitcom, but I liked it. Lots of reviewers didn't, but bugger them.

• 2 months later...