DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE Thread

RIPPA

Surprised nobody else mentioned the fact that he kept saying things like "how do you say that in Spanish"  Lenny wouldn't respond and Joey kept pushing it and pushing it.   That annoyed me just as much as his comment towards the ring announcer.  Either way he is gone now and it's no big loss. Evolve will continue to put on great shows.  The one negative about Gabe was always the amount of time it took to release his DVD product.  Now with Floslam that problem is pretty much gone.

11 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I did a road report for the Joppa show tonight

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2016/11/evolve-73-road-report.html

I don't know what you look like otherwise I would have said hi.  I got there late due to family commitments, but it was a fun two matches I saw.  Riddle/Hero was super fun to watch and for that alone I didn't hate that I got there so late.  The main tag wasn't much at all, but they did what they could considering injuries and such.  After that match Regal came out and offered Tony Neise a full-time WWE contract with the other wrestlers around him.  He gave a little speech and it was a pretty cool moment.  I was super happy that despite being super late I still got to see Regal talk.  He was funny and quipped that Riddle will get one if he can just stay out of trouble, even for a week.  I really wish I had the chance to meet him in person, hoping he comes to a Joppa show again (unlikely I'm sure)

After the show I met Tommy End, he was taking pictures by the ramp so i got one with him.  I might not have seen his match (sounds like a good thing this time) but from what I heard I sense he'll do really well for himself.  And he was a super nice guy as well.  As I was talking with an old friend I heard Joanna bring up the Joey incident.  She wasn't offended by it, but was perplexed why he would knowingly say what he said.  They way they made it sound it sounded like he just wanted a way out.

And if there's ever a guy that lives "gimmick" it's Matt Riddle.  He is the definition of taking one's true self and amping it up to 11.  But after the show he was super animated as well and there's no doubt that is truly him out there.  I like that a lot and feel when WWE gets him he'll go far with the Bro stuff alone.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Did Regal do any pictures or such? Thats the only reason i would have gone, but didnt think he would. 

I unfortunately wasn't there for the pre-show or during.  I was hoping he'd come out after the show but to no avail.  Phil might know more about that though.

Ugh, I don't hate Ethan Page as much as some people, but when you have guys like ZSJ, Riddle, Cobb and Ricochet there, putting Togo against Page is insane.

Wasn't the original plan a tag match between Ricochet & Togo vs. DUSTIN & Galloway? That would have been just as stupid. At least we're getting Togo vs. Hero on the other night.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very nice night at La Boom.

- The Jaka and Drew Gulak match was really terrific live and an unexpectedly great opener.

- We were on the opposite side of the ring from the entrance ramp, and the opening and finishing spots of the Darby match, from our vantage point, just had him vanishing from view. They were terrific.

- Getting to see Dick Togo live was all that I could have hoped for and I'm still super happy about it. I don't love Chris Hero matches as a whole usually, but I was still pretty thrilled throughout here.

- Please don't kick me off the board, I kinda think Ethan Page is a lot of fun.

Really fun show live. Gulak/Jaka, Allin/Cage, Cobb/Riddle and Hero/Togo were the best things on the show but almost everything had something good to offer. Cody was fun doing shtick and interacting with the fans. 

I've been meaning to hit La Boom for a show since we moved to Astoria... it is an awesome little venue. I'll definitely be back down the line. 

On 13.11.2016 at 1:11 AM, hammerva said:

Has Jason Kincaid worked on EVOLVE before?  If he is more of a regular does that mean that he is finished in Ring of Honor.  If that is the case then it is another great talent that ROH doesn't have a fucking clue what to do with

December 16th: Jason Kincaid has signed a contract with WWN. Congratulations to Kincaid. He was first noticed by EVOLVE officials in a WWN Seminar/Tryout. Kincaid was given an opportunity and impressed with his unique high-flying skills. He was given more opportunities and his creative, original style continued to impress. Welcome to the WWN Family, Jason Kincaid!

From today's WWN alerts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Z said:

December 16th: Jason Kincaid has signed a contract with WWN. Congratulations to Kincaid. He was first noticed by EVOLVE officials in a WWN Seminar/Tryout. Kincaid was given an opportunity and impressed with his unique high-flying skills. He was given more opportunities and his creative, original style continued to impress. Welcome to the WWN Family, Jason Kincaid!

From today's WWN alerts.

Why wasn't he signed by ROH after he was in their Top Prospect tourney? Good job Delirious!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This looked like an interesting bit of news:

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/adam-cole-defend-nxt-north-american-title-evolve-259281

Adam Cole is set to defend his NXT North American Championship outside of WWE later this month.

WWE announced today that Cole will be putting his title on the line at EVOLVE 107 in Melrose, Massachusetts on June 24th. Cole's opponent will be revealed this coming Monday.

Whether Cole's match will be airing on the iPPV broadcast or not is to be determined. He previously wrestled for EVOLVE four times during the promotion's first year.

With Steffanie Newell (the former Nixon Newell) challenging for Jinny's PROGRESS Women's Championship this weekend, Cole's match will be the second time an NXT roster member has wrestled for a WWE-friendly promotion this month.

Austin Theory defending his WWN Championship against an opponent that has yet to be announced, Matt Riddle vs. DJZ, WALTER vs. AR Fox, Tracy Williams vs. Chris Dickinson, Darby Allin vs. Jarek 1:20, and Jaka vs. Bad Bones vs. Josh Briggs are the other matches that have been confirmed for EVOLVE 107.

Cole became the first-ever NXT North American Championship when he defeated Ricochet, EC3, Velveteen Dream, Killian Dain, and Lars Sullivan in a ladder match at TakeOver: New Orleans in April.

• Like 1