DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE Thread

RIPPA

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I really can't believe how excited I am for this angle... which is really a statement I never ever thought I was going to say

Why? I thought the stuff in MD was the worst part of the show, and at the end it is still a feud with Ethan Page, Johnny Gargano and EC3, that is a rough group of dudes.

I haven't seen the other one yet, but I can say live that that Page/Drew in Joppa was nothing special.  Ethan looked like a useless putz and it was hard to get into what he was doing (especially the sell job afterwards).  Clearly the night after was more newsworthy, but at least we had Johnny defending himself verbally.

And Cyanide, they're coming back in August so whenever they announce the date it'd be worth going to.

On 5/20/2016 at 4:59 PM, NickMD said:

And Cyanide, they're coming back in August so whenever they announce the date it'd be worth going to.

I believe the announced August 19th at the show. That's also what's listed on the website.

I'm curious to see how the card eventually shakes out, but this definitely isn't dissuading me from going.

I noticed he referenced "After 8/19" on his checklist tweet before; since that's the exact date of the Evolve show, I hope the WWE front office/legal doesn't end up continuing to play hardball and being all "well, technically your contract runs through the 19th..." 

15 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I'm curious to see how the card eventually shakes out, but this definitely isn't dissuading me from going.

I noticed he referenced "After 8/19" on his checklist tweet before; since that's the exact date of the Evolve show, I hope the WWE front office/legal doesn't end up continuing to play hardball and being all "well, technically your contract runs through the 19th..." 

They're apparently letting him use "Cody Rhodes" as his ring name, so they have lines they won't cross.

• Like 1

Clint, I'd be kind of okay with that.  But all events at the Joppa location end around 10-10:30 (MCW, Evolve, GFW, etc.).  Considering that's late for a flea market building no way will they go past 12.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                  June 9th, 2016

Boston, MA- EVOLVE was set to make it's Massachusetts debut on July15th in Wakefield, MA. However, building issues have forced EVOLVE to cancel that date. In an effort to make the best of the situation, EVOLVE reached out to Beyond Wrestling. The result will be the biggest day of independent wrestling in the New England area.

Sunday, July 17th, will see both EVOLVE and Beyond Wrestling present separate cards at the 
Melrose Memorial Hall on  590 Main Street in  Melrose, MA with a zip code of 02176. Beyond Wrestling will have a 2:30pm belltime and EVOLVE will have a 7pm belltime. These will be separate tickets.

If you already purchased tickets for the EVOLVE event on July 15th in Wakefield, MA, your order will be transfered over to this event. If you want a refund, please email [email protected] immediately. The Melrose building also features a VIP stage. If you want to change your tickets to the stage, email [email protected]. Tickets for EVOLVE are now on sale in the DGUSA.tv Store.

Confirmed for EVOLVE are:

-EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher
-EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
-Drew Galloway
-Zack Sabre Jr.
-Marty Scurll
-TJP with Stokely Hathaway
-Matt Riddle
-Ethan Page
-Fred Yehi
-Cedric Alexander
-Plus more to be announced!

Beyond Wrestling has built its reputation in New England for featuring top talent with enthusiastic crowds. Tickets for the Beyond show are on sale here.

Confirmed for Beyond Wrestling are:

- Chris Dickinson
- Da Hit Squad (Danny "Mafia" Maff & Steve "Monsta" Mack)
- EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)
- JT Dunn
- Jonathan Gresham 
- Matthew Riddle
- Tommaso Ciampa
- Veda Scott
- Zack Sabre Jr.
-Plus many others to be signed!

As you can see by these first talent rosters, this will be the biggest gathering of premier independent wrestling talent from all over the world in New England history. Make this the destination independent wrestling day of your summer! We will have much more on these two events in the upcoming weeks.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, hammerva said:

On August 19th, Cody Rhodes will debut for the next Maryland show.    Really good place to show him.  

Fuck.  I may be in South Korea assigned to [REDACTED] and may miss that show.

Hey, we're not all that bad.  However, the locals at Joppa sadly fit your description, thankfully I don't live there.  Instead of dealing with them for a show like MCW, it's your usual smark crowd more or less.  However with Cody being there it might be a weird mix of smark fans and Joppa locals.  This could be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

EVOLVE 62 & 63 were pretty average shows. Riddle/Cedric was great. Darby Allin got himself over. Galloway is very good on the mic. Everything else was just okay. I want the Thatcher storyline to end in the worst way. Does Gabe think this is helping him?

2 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

EVOLVE 62 & 63 were pretty average shows. Riddle/Cedric was great. Darby Allin got himself over. Galloway is very good on the mic. Everything else was just okay. I want the Thatcher storyline to end in the worst way. Does Gabe think this is helping him?

This pretty much sums up how I felt about these shows. Feels like there is a lot in the pipeline that's really exciting (Hero, Sabre, Scurll, Cody, Roddy, EC3 and Galloway), but they seem to be determined to stick too the plan. Comes across like Evolve have booked themselves into a corner with this Thatcher redemption angle, both the Hero-Thatcher and the upcoming Scurll-Thatcher match seem almost pointless when Thatcher is facing Catch Point for redemption. 

Johnny Gargano is now off the 8/19 show so Cody Rhodes is now facing Zack Sabre Jr

Also - 8/20 now has Cody vs. Chris Hero (which was another name on the Cody List)

The Cody/Gargano match will now be in Sept