DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

What always summed up Shaq for me was an interview where someone asked him about Steve Nash's MVPs and he just sort of rolled his eyes and shrugged and gave a sarcastic response. You could tell it bothered him, but he was content to know he was the best. There is a tier of NBA great that would only have been content to make sure everyone else knew it too.

What always summed up Shaq for me was an interview where someone asked him about Steve Nash's MVPs and he just sort of rolled his eyes and shrugged and gave a sarcastic response. You could tell it bothered him, but he was content to know he was the best. There is a tier of NBA great that would only have been content to make sure everyone else knew it too.

Yep, that is Shaq in a nutshell.  He cares what people think, but not more than he cares what he thinks.  Remember when David Robinson scored 71 points in a meaningless game to win the scoring title, then the next season he was named MVP?  Do you guys remember what Hakeem Olajuwon did to him in the playoffs?  Hakeem Olajuwon wanted EVERYONE to know that he was better than David Robinson, Shaq wasn't built like that.  If Shaq knew he was better than another player, he didn't care what anyone else thought.

Raptors just have no movement with their offense. They are the anti-Spurs/Warriors. So ugly to watch. I couldn't even stick around for their comeback against the Hawks Wednesday because it was such horrendous basketball. This team isn't going anywhere in its current incarnation. And Valanciunas isn't the answer.

A little bit. You could see how hard the Raptors had to work to get their buckets down the stretch and how they tried to milk  the clock even with just a 3 point lead and still a bunch of time to go. That told me everything about their mentality and how fucked they were.

That was a really great game.

The Raptors get stuck in the mud. But they remind me of Memphis, even though they play a different style than The Brothers From Another Mother. What they lack in a high-end offensive scheme they make up for in having a lot of guys who have gigantic balls. Kyle Lowry's one of my favorite players. That dude thinks he's just as good as Curry et al. He plays so angry and fierce, like he's always a day away from negotiating with the Shanghai Sharks. Just a competitive m'fer who would run through fifteen brick walls to win a game. Which he almost did today with the night of his career. That team has guts and throws fists.

But, man, we are so lucky to have GSW and Curry. I have the same reactions during every game -- WTF did they do now? I have the same reactions after every game -- I don't know what we're watching, but it's the best. I don't care how many times I say the same things about this team, and neither do you. They're that friggin' great and, even better, they're uniquely great in ways we've never even contemplated. Curry makes shots no one even knew you could take. Step-back threes after multiple behind-the-back dribbles? That's the new normal. Draymond Green bringing the ball up the court like a PG? Sure. Klay Thompson having one of the silkiest jump shots in years and being the second best shooter on this team? Yep.

My whole social life revolves around GSW games at this point. I want them to go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs.

Some fun games to look at this week...

Warriors vs. Pacers on Tuesday. 

Spurs vs. Raptors on Wednesday

Hawks vs. Mavericks on Wednesday

Clippers vs Bulls on Thursday

Hawks vs. Thunder on Thursday

Warriors vs. Celtics on Friday

Should be interesting. 

• Like 1