DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Sixers opener tonight. Trying to decide if I want the new Home or Road jersey (STH's get their choice of either one as a renewal gift). Also tonight they are putting a free shirt on every seat so I figure around halftime I'll poach some from the thousands of empty seats.

• Like 1

About 13-14k at WFC tonight to see the Sixers get pummled by the Jazz. I grabbed about 16 shirts off empty seats at halftime (my ob comp kicked in big time here). Also got the blue jersey, which was the high quality "swingman" replica.

THREE AND FUCKING ZERO MOTHERFUCKERS

Huge game from Drummond.

I thought you guys might be replicating SVG's Orlando teams if Drummond's defense went up a notch. Tonights game looks impressive since the 3s weren't dropping and the team hit only 50% of their free throws. Pulling out those kind of wins should give you a lot of optimism.

THREE AND FUCKING ZERO MOTHERFUCKERS

Huge game from Drummond.

I thought you guys might be replicating SVG's Orlando teams if Drummond's defense went up a notch. Tonights game looks impressive since the 3s weren't dropping and the team hit only 50% of their free throws. Pulling out those kind of wins should give you a lot of optimism.

It's way too early to get really pumped, but it's the defense. Nobody has went above 94 points yet against them.

And the truth is the best Pistons teams have always been unselfish high defense teams. I mean, since the 80's started, only four teams have won NBA titles without having a guy who averaged 20+ points for the season. The 2013-14 Spurs, and then the 03-04, 89-90, and 88-89 Pistons.

Building a five in attack backed up by a strong defense just works in Detroit. I don't like getting into crazy "they fit the city" narratives, but building around a go-to guy or trying a high tempo style has never really worked out for the Pistons.