DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Crazy prediction:  Sixers do not finish with the worst record and are not the laughing stock of the NBA.

Come on man. These predictions have to be realistic..

The thing is they've been trying to be the worst team in the league for two straight seasons, and they've failed both times.  They're better now than they were the last two years, and are they worse than the Nets, Blazers, or Hornets?

I doubt they are better.  They have two bigs that play the same position and have zero range.  The starting PG is Canaan, their SF is a 7th option on a good team.  Nik Stauskas as a SG?  

They have a shot at being one of the worst teams of all time. At least Hinkie will/should be gone after this year.

Celtics stormed back and clamped down. Isiah was huge off the bench but really the whole bench delivered. This team is real deep. What they lack in overall star power they can get some of that back through depth and coaching.

I wouldn't get too attached to any of them. Putting together parts to parlay them into a big move is what Danny does.

Fish gotta swim, Ainge gotta blockbuster.

Ricky Rubio looked great.

Lakers went cold in the 2nd half. They ISO'ed a lot when in the first half they were doing well with pick & rolls. Think TWolves switched to PnRs more in the 2nd half. Kelly-Bass is a really small frontline. Would have liked Black instead of one of those two especially when Byron decided to keep them in against Towns. Thought they were letting TWolves get to the paint a little too easily and fouling a lot.

Kobe looked good in the first half, but everyone deferred to him and it hurt them in the 2nd half.

I liked Randle & Clarkson in the game, but again they just kept going to Kobe too much. Reminds me of the post-Shaq team but with an older Kobe and younger players.

Fun game though.

Who had the Knicks seal clubbing the Bucks in Milwaukee tonight?

I didn't expect that much of an ass-kicking, but the Bucks were without 3 of their top 6 players so I'm not quite panicking yet.

The Bucks actually have positive expectations this year. It's only the first game but a blowout lost to the Knicks is a nice slap on the back of the head.

Add the Rockets in there too after Denver, of all teams, stomped them out.

The Bucks have hype, but they also have some issues to address.  Shooting is the biggest one.  Middleton is the only shooter in the starting lineup and he hasn't exactly been killing it in the preseason.  Jabari will help, but who knows when he'll be back to full strength?  Until then Copeland's their best shooter but he takes away a lot on defense, which brings us to the second issue.  They have no rim protection, so they cant really afford any slips on the perimeter.  And for all their length and athleticism they've had a bad habit of blowing assignments, particularly MCW.

I like the Bucks, but I think they're a slightly better than .500 team without dealing with this, which is going to be difficult.  They're not trading Jabari, Giannis, or Middleton.  They could move MCW and either Bayless or Mayo for a shooter, but I think they'll be selling low.  What they really need is for Giannis to get his shooting stroke together, but him making a jump mid-season seems unlikely.