DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Quick predictions: 

Eastern Conference

1. Cavs (I think they cruise to around 55 wins)

2. Bulls

3. Wizards

4. Heat

5. Hawks

6. Raptors

7. Celtics

8. Bucks

Western Conference

1. Thunder

2. Warriors

3. Clippers

4. Rockets

5. Grizzlies

6. Spurs

7. Pelicans

8. Jazz

Right there with you but in a different order.

1. Cleveland

2. Washington

3. Miami

4. Milwaukee

5. Chicago

6. Toronto

7. Atlanta

8. Boston

9. Detroit

10. Indiana

11. New York

12. Orlando

13. Charlotte

14. Brooklyn

15. Philly

1. Golden State

2. Houston

3. Oklahoma City

4. LA Clippers

5. San Antonio

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. New Orleans

9. Sacramento

10. Phoenix

11. Minnesota

12. Dallas

13. Denver

14. Lakers

15. Portland

And they are the one most likely to punt on regular season games to give Their aging core a rest.

Exactly. 

It's insane that one of that Clippers/Spurs/Rockets/Thunder/Warriors group (assuming all stay healthy and none have some shocking drop off) is going to end up a lower half seed, and at least one of them is going to be bounced in the first round. 

Meanwhile, the second best team in the East probably can't hang with whichever one of them ends up the "worst" of the five.

And they are the one most likely to punt on regular season games to give Their aging core a rest.

Exactly. 

It's insane that one of that Clippers/Spurs/Rockets/Thunder/Warriors group (assuming all stay healthy and none have some shocking drop off) is going to end up a lower half seed, and at least one of them is going to be bounced in the first round. 

Meanwhile, the second best team in the East probably can't hang with whichever one of them ends up the "worst" of the five.

And that's not even considering, say, Memphis, who almost always float around that 2-3 seed.

Also...GODDAMN STEPH CURRY LIKE GODDAMN MAN.

Yeah, I feel like Memphis almost has to take a pretty big step back just because, I mean, look at everyone else. 

Plus Z-Bo is aging, and they never seemed to quite find that one last missing piece.

Warriors are still the cheatingest cheaters ever.  Moving screen after moving screen.  I saw Draymond Green dive at Anthony Davis's legs and it was called an offensive foul.  Fuck those guys.  Why do they get the special treatment from the refs? 

Crazy prediction:  Sixers do not finish with the worst record and are not the laughing stock of the NBA.

Come on man. These predictions have to be realistic..

The thing is they've been trying to be the worst team in the league for two straight seasons, and they've failed both times.  They're better now than they were the last two years, and are they worse than the Nets, Blazers, or Hornets?

Crazy prediction:  Sixers do not finish with the worst record and are not the laughing stock of the NBA.

The thing is they've been trying to be the worst team in the league for two straight seasons, and they've failed both times.  They're better now than they were the last two years, and are they worse than the Nets, Blazers, or Hornets?

I'm not exactly bullish on Portland this year, but I don't think they'll be terrible if they can get healthy.  Leonard, Kaman, Vonleh, and Plumlee seem like a pretty solid frontcourt rotation, and Henderson and Harkless can play the wing.  I think they might actually finish ahead of Minnesota this year.

I'm not exactly bullish on Portland this year, but I don't think they'll be terrible if they can get healthy.  Leonard, Kaman, Vonleh, and Plumlee seem like a pretty solid frontcourt rotation, and Henderson and Harkless can play the wing.  I think they might actually finish ahead of Minnesota this year.

Portland might be OK, but they play 50 games against the Western Conference.  They are going to get ran out of the gym a lot.  Minnesota, Sacramento, and Denver are kind of in the same boat.  If everything works out they might be OK, if not they may very well be the worst team in the entire league.  I think this year is going to be a bunch of legit great teams, and a whole bunch of teams trying to figure out how they want to move forward.  Those trying to figure things out teams could either surprise us with their success or be awful.  The amount of talent, even on the bad teams, in the league right now is insane.  Orlando is probably going to suck, but Oladipo and Payton are going to be good, and Gordon, Hezonja and Harris might be good too.  That is one of the least interesting teams in the league. 

I think the Magic are super-interesting.  Now that they have a real coach I think they're one year and a trade away from making a serious playoff run.  Hezonja's Euro highlights and shit-talking make him a must-watch player for me.  I don't think the Payton/Oladipo backcourt is really tenable because of lack of shooting, but they'll be fun.

Looking forward to seeing the Randle, Russell & Clarkson trio w/ the Lakers and Towns w/ TWolves. I'm just hoping for a reasonably healthy season for the Lakers. Last couple of years, they've had so many injuries. At least last year they had Clarkson playing, so hopefully this year there will be more to offer. Still see them near the bottom of the league. Hibbert might be able to help a bit on D, but its asking a lot from 1 player to cover for everyone else on the roster.

Heard Byron was thinking of putting Russell on the bench and I think that's a bad idea. He hasn't shot well, but he passes well and he moves well without the ball and really I'd like to see Huertas be the point guard for the bench. He's the only other pass-first guard.

Better team than last year, but still likely going to be one of the 4-5 worst teams in the league. I'll be shocked if they aren't in that group.