DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

So who is next in the "get paid for 5 years for doing a season and a half of work" club?

Hoiberg.  It won't be this year, but the dude is clearly not in control.  No Rose, Butler, Mirotic or Noah last night so you would think the scrubs would be trying to maximize their court time, right?  Wrong.  https://vine.co/v/i1D0uPt3tB3

If Thibs had seen that, the Bulls would be running sprints as we speak.

I was thinking more for the Kings, actually, but I'm sure your right. .  .

ESPN is now reporting Kings won't be making a coaching change.

I think the Kings are like the joke we tell here(and people probably tell everywhere else too) about the weather. Don't like the Kings current ideas? Wait five minutes. . . .

The worst run pro sports organization in America? George Karl shouldn't be dealing with this shit.

The same George Karl who tried to go behind management's back to trade his best player?  He's the exact type of person who should be dealing with this shit.

The same franchise player that didn't want him hired and has wanted him gone since day 1? The same one that makes less than cryptic remarks about the coach? Cousins is a great player but probably not worth the trouble.

George Karl has had issues with every great player he's ever coached.  Getting along with your players is probably the #1 trait an NBA coach should possess, he has never been able to do that.  He isn't an innocent bystander in this, he brings a lot of shit on himself. 

Green and Klay both have off nights, Bogut, Barnes, Mo step up. At some point, they're all gonna have an off night, but this was about as close as it came to that. Plus, Houston had to get a great game from Harden and 3's from everyone to even keep it close.

Warriors just have that gear they hit when they need to that other teams just don't have right now. That's what makes them #1 with a gap even between them and San Antonio.

So Markief trying to kill Drew Gooden on the bench.  I feel so bad for Tyson Chandler.

It wasn't Drew Gooden, but that image makes me chuckle more.

Winning is nice and all, but Tyson Chandler should be quite content with the contract the Suns gave him at this stage of his career.   52 million.  Hornacek didn't give him that contract.

Since I didn't see it elsewhere, it looks like the Knickerbockers are going to stick with Kurt Rambis as interim HC for the season.

Every sports person here though is saying it's never going to be anything more than interim.  

I'm wondering if Phil Jackson's only requirement for the Knicks HC job is that they have to have played for the Lakers. 

All Star Weekend...the NBA is totally taking over Toronto. Got to meet and hang out with Allen Iverson last night, and I'm co-hosting an event with Andrew Wiggins tonight and Boogie Cousins tomorrow. Should be a memorable weekend for the city!

• Like 1