DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Now that we're several games past it... How the fuck did my beloved Pistons kick the Warriors collective ass up and down the Palace court? A healthy GSW team playing with a day of rest... Did that really happen? How?

And how long are the Warriors going to stay pissed about it and keep taking it out on other teams, including some that are way better than Detroit?

Now that we're several games past it... How the fuck did my beloved Pistons kick the Warriors collective ass up and down the Palace court? A healthy GSW team playing with a day of rest... Did that really happen? How?

And how long are the Warriors going to stay pissed about it and keep taking it out on other teams, including some that are way better than Detroit?

Man, I think that was the Pistons playing their perfect game. Like, the absolute peak of what they're capable of, probably even beyond. But, they're a looooong ways away from putting that kind of game together consistently. And it's going to be a long while before we see them play that well again.

Some weird ASG choices this year.  It's unfortunate that Pau didn't make it, but I'm glad to see Thomas make the team anyways.

Aldridge over Lillard is criminal.  I get wanting to reward team success, but Lillard is dragging a team that lost 4 starters into contention for the 8th seed AND putting up 24/7/4.  

This pretty much sums up why Hinkie's plan was such a joke:

Whatever happened, Miller didn't make it easy for Philadelphia to draft Porzingis at No. 3. The Sixers wouldn't be afforded Porzingis' physical, nor get a private workout, nor even a face-to-face meeting. After most of the pro day executives cleared out of the gym in Vegas in mid-June, 76ers general manager Sam Hinkie lingered to meet with Miller. Hinkie stopped him in the lobby area and asked Miller about a chance to sit down and visit with Porzingis.

"You said that I would get a meeting with him here," Hinkie told Miller.

"I said, 'I'd try,' and it's not going to work out, Sam," Miller responded.

An awkward silence lingered, the GM and agent, standing and staring. The Porzingis camp wanted no part of the Sixers' situation at No 3. Miller couldn't stop Philadelphia from drafting Porzingis, but he could limit the information they had to make a decision. And did. No physical. No meeting. No workout. The Sixers passed on Porzingis on draft night, clearing the way for the Knicks to select him.

.http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-unlikely-story-of-how-kristaps-porzingis-found-his-way-to-the-knicks-072828935.html

• Like 3

Speaking of the Sixers, I am going to go see them play Golden State tomorrow. I plan on heading down in advance so I can hopefully see the crazy Steph pre-game routine. (If he plays.)

Even better: The Sixers have been bringing in named musicians to perform at halftime. So who do I get to see? TAG TEAM, best known for their hit song "Woomp, There It Is."

I think I wrote it here but I got to see the legendary Red Panda the last time I went to a game. One of the highlights of my year so far.

Sixers looked like a completely different team with Ish Smith than the first time Detroit played them.

How bad must your point guard play be of Ish Fucking Smith makes this big of a difference?

• Like 1

Sixers/GSW was incredible. I am thinking it was a Top 10 In Person sporting event for me.

I got down 90 minutes before start-time to try and see Golden State's pre-game shootaround. I think every NBA dork within 250 miles of Philly had the same idea. The line to get in through the door for this was ridiculous. There is no way the Sixers have had this type of crowd arrive before a game since they were in the finals. There were a lot of Golden State shirts. Rumors were there was a big fan trip from the Bay Area but I'm not sure. But either way Golden State and Steph are now at that LeBron/Kobe level where even people who are casual basketball fans are on board.

Some dudes next to me on the way in said something great. One of them worked for some company where his co-workers had to install something at Nerlens Noel's house. "He lives in Conshy and his place is trash." (Conshy is short for Conshohocken, which is a suburb considered "cool" by lame bros from college who now have douchey finance-type jobs in a suburban office park and still want to feel like they live in a city without actually having to live in the city.)

Golden State was so sick in the first half. They put up over 70. My wife isn't a basketball fan. But she was just spellbound and said it didn't even look like they were playing the same sport of the Sixers. They play at just such a different speed. They were somehow faster than the Sixers but so relaxed and controlled at the same time. It was hypnotic.

Steph didn't even go crazy tonight but he's just unreal in person. I saw LeBron a few weeks ago. He coasted and then realized it was time to take over and just dominate the court. Steph just glides. He had all of these sick dribbles and crossovers where the crowd would "oooh" collectively. But by the third quarter, no one even flinched anymore. He was doing the same exact stuff. He's so uniquely talented that his unreal game just feels normal.

I still have no idea how the Sixers came back. Golden State definitely can just throw the ball around carelessly for stretches. Kerr subbed out all of the starters with a few minutes left in the third. But the Sixers came back. They played Ish/Canaan/McConnell together for a stretch and that was when they really narrowed the lead.

I called GSW winning at the buzzer during their timeout to my wife. That play was beautiful. It just really sank in what a wonderful team Golden State is. Blowing a 24-point lead to anyone is bad and can make you feel pressure. But doing it to the Sixers (no longer the worst team in history, but still garbage) is even worse. Curry-Green-Barnes.

Great game.

• Like 1