DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I'm watching a replay of Kings/Lakers. There are 9 minutes left in the first quarter and the Lakers have clearly mailed it in already.

What a horrible team. Kobe just jacks up whatever he wants but is already casting dirty looks to Julius Randle or whoever for taking a quick shot. The first play saw someone literally just throw the ball away for no real reason. No one was cutting. The collective transition defense has been lacking, to say the least.

This is the most entertaining awful basketball team.

• Like 1

This is an interesting Kings team. It's chaotic and it has to implode at some point but the talent is there. Rondo looked a little more like Rondo, Cousins is a beast, Rudy Gay is what it is, but you look at the rest of the roster and they have some nice pieces. Cauley-Stein is looking good and then you have Koufos off the bench. He has to be one of the more productive big men coming off the bench. Collison is a nice backup point guard, I've always liked him. Casspi is crafty. Belinelli can still shoot it. Seth Curry can shoot it.  I wouldn't want to see him play big minutes because I think he'd be a liability on the other end but that's ok.

McLemore showed improvement last year.   Yeah, I think if the Kings were in the east we'd be talking about a possible playoff team. They have a lot of talent I just think it's going to go terribly wrong at some point.

Karl-Anthony Towns is better than Wiggins already.  I've been saying it all off season, but he is a league changing talent.  

28 and 14 in his 2nd NBA game.  Even AD wasn't putting up those numbers this early.  Dude is going to be historical.

Edit:  He also won me some sweet sweet DK money last night.

I think people looked at his counting stats from last year and said "Oh, another big man without offensive skills that's gonna go number one on potential" without realizing he was doing all of that in like 20 minutes a night because Kentucky was so deep.

I'm watching a replay of Kings/Lakers. There are 9 minutes left in the first quarter and the Lakers have clearly mailed it in already.

What a horrible team. Kobe just jacks up whatever he wants but is already casting dirty looks to Julius Randle or whoever for taking a quick shot. The first play saw someone literally just throw the ball away for no real reason. No one was cutting. The collective transition defense has been lacking, to say the least.

Like I wrote, Lakers have a really weird mix of really young players, older players and crazy guys. That Nash trade really hurt this team, but trouble has always been that the Buss family and most of the fans can't accept rebuilding. They should just role the dice, play the young players and take the hits now. The roster is filled with so many bad defenders its going to be really bad before it gets any better.

Like I wrote, Lakers have a really weird mix of really young players, older players and crazy guys. That Nash trade really hurt this team, but trouble has always been that the Buss family and most of the fans can't accept rebuilding. They should just role the dice, play the young players and take the hits now. The roster is filled with so many bad defenders its going to be really bad before it gets any better.

They unfortunately also have Kobe to deal with. What do you do? Lakers are loyal to their players for the most part and that's a good thing. He's one of their all-time best players, and that he might only be the third best (behind Kareem and Magic) shows just how insane the franchise has been. He should get a celebratory run but he should do this in a complimentary way. I mean, even in his peak years he was a pain-in-the-ass but you could live with 30 a game with great defense.

But now he's a total shell and also cancerous to boot. And they have Nick Young. One of my favorite stories from last year was at a Lakers practice Kobe went into alpha mode and started calling players soft because they were passing for open looks as opposed to trying to jack shots in some done manhood duel.

Of course, Swaggy P cares not about passing the ball or being efficient. And Kobe loved him and talked him up as if they are from the same ilk. That's, like, the exact opposite of what you should want to encourage.

So. my first day on the job was friday. Got highlight duty for OKC/ORL. Going into the 4th quarter, I'm sitting pretty, thinking I can get to the Commissary before they put up the cookies. As that quarter went on, I started getting that feeling in my stomach. Great game. Fun first day.

The OKC Thunder are a different team when Ibaka, Westbrook, and Durant are healthy.  Nothing bold about that statement.  Just facts.  It will be interesting to see how hard they go out this regular season.

Warriors Vs. Thunder showdowns will be something else this season if everyone stays healthy.

There was a brief moment last year where all three played against the Warriors.  As Durant was draining his 20th point of the first Q I thought to myself: "This run and gun shit won't work against OKC."  3 minutes later Durant hurt his foot.

NBA dirtsheets have Russell linked to one of the Jenner sisters. Sorry, Lakers fans. Should have taken one of the bigs.

That probably explains his start. LOL! Guessing anyone the Lakers drafted would have been linked to one of the Jenner sisters.

Not sure playing Ryan Kelly or Bass ahead of Tarik Black is a good idea. Not that it would make a big difference but it might help the second unit a bit.

I think Steph Curry has ended any of that residual Rockets fan whining about the MVP.

I'm not a Rockets fan, but I maintain Harden should have won it last year.

MVP of week one this year is damn sure Steph though.