DVDVR Message Board

Yeah from watching last nights ep ZZ doesnt get it, maybe cuz he's 19 but he is lagging and isn't taking it seriously. maybe that will change idk. That Josh guy is a smug fucker the camera caught him laughing when ZZ was fucking up. I hope he gets called out for his shitty attitude. Something abut that guy I don't like.

I was done with Josh about the 26th time I heard him do the Yeti thing.  It was kind of weird seeing Bayley in a classroom giving a speech to a room of students. I forget that she's a seasoned vet basically. 

I don't know, I really like this show so far.  The trainers are all awesome too.

Miz's dad and ZZ's dad look like some lost tag team of the 80's.

kl2GhuZ.jpg

Damn I wonder what ever happened to Global Wrestling star Steven Dane   ^_^

I really can't tell if Dana Brooke was being her character or she is just that full of himself

Looking at the rookie orientation and seeing Asuka and Biff Busick with people like ZZ, Josh, and Sara Lee is just weird.  But in the WWE world they are the same I guess

• Like 1

It defies logic to me that Sarah Stock is a trainer and not a talent. I don't understand.

Now in 2012-O-VISION:

It defies logic to the entire IWC that Sara Del Ray is a trainer and not a talent. I don't understand.

That worked out, and Stock's older than Amato is. Can they still go? Yeah probably, and God knows I'd given a nonessential organ for a Takeover main-evented by a Sasha Banks/Sara Del Ray match, but the decision they made makes a lot of sense. Much fewer bumps and travel days and probably not much less money.

Was it their choice, though? Stock brings some things to the table that Del Ray doesn't, IMO. I've never been a huge fan of hers in the ring but if they think enough of her work to make her a trainer, I don't see what about her they don't find worthy of being talent.

They don't view Asuka as the same as Sara or ZZ it's funny to look at... but we know they love Asuka. It's just orientation, basically. Like a lot of work places it doesn't matter if you are better at your job than everyone in the building, we all have to go through orientation. 

Speaking of that, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that video they have to watch where Triple H opens up and is like "Welcome to NXT!"

They don't view Asuka as the same as Sara or ZZ it's funny to look at... but we know they love Asuka. It's just orientation, basically. Like a lot of work places it doesn't matter if you are better at your job than everyone in the building, we all have to go through orientation. 

Speaking of that, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that video they have to watch where Triple H opens up and is like "Welcome to NXT!"

Exactly!  Meltzer shitting all over this segment was fucking ponderous.  "Blah blah look at Kana (omg using past names so smart) there!  She's better than the whole roster already (because she's from Japan get it)."  FUCK.  As you said, it's more of an orientation than anything, and keep in mind Biff Busick and ZZ are NOT in the same class.  ZZ is in the "tryout class."  Jesus. 

Also, like it or not, WWE has their own style and these guys, no matter how seasoned they are, need to learn to adapt to that.  Oh noes Kana is there and she doesn't belong there because Japan!!11one

Those that can't do, teach. DeMott, Regal, Albert, Billy Gunn never were world champs in their eyes, yet they're entrusted with the future of the company.

Not sure if this is a criticism or not.  The best players aren't always, or rarely are, the best coaches.  Besides Stan Lane, who did Ric Flair train?

fuck man hire ZZ's dad

I want ZZ's dad to be my dad.  His pep talk to ZZ was the fucking best.  "It's jus' like learnin' anudder language son."  What a good dude.

Came in expecting to be entertained by seeing the behind-the-scenes daily life of the talents, came away with being captivated by how the coaches and training staff interact with said talents.

That orientation video makes me want  to see a wrestling theme park.

The trainers have easily been the most entertaining part for me. Seeing people like Regal, Sara, and Brookside, legit in-ring masters, pass on knowledge will be more than enough to keep me entertained. The second it turns into some sort of narrated "reality drama" nonsense, I'm gone.

• Like 1

The trainers have easily been the most entertaining part for me. Seeing people like Regal, Sara, and Brookside, legit in-ring masters, pass on knowledge will be more than enough to keep me entertained. The second it turns into some sort of narrated "reality drama" nonsense, I'm gone.

There are hints of the reality drama - like running the Josh/ZZ stuff that they pushed heavily on Tough Enough too.

And whatever the fuck they were trying to do the first week with Corbin

So, I liked the 2nd episode, but not nearly as much as the first.  First of all ZZ is an absolute zero for me, his dad came off as more of a star.  People keep saying that he has a personality, but he comes off as dumb/lazy/flippant/superficial none of which are very interesting.  Other than his accent why is he there and not some other 19 year old dude who doesn't take life very seriously?

Remember last week when Carmella cried, because she was so happy for Bayley?  She came off as genuine and endearing.  Dana Brook came off as the exact opposite.  She talks in soundbites, her personality seems to be fake as a $3 bill, and while she worked her ass off she seemed like she was more worried about looking good than getting better in the ring.  The crazy thing is that she is legit one of the best prospects they have right now, but they made her so unlikeable.

The orientation scene with Tyler Breeze, Bayley and Sami Zayn spitting that game to the newbies was the best part of the episode.  Having three people who have been around the block a few times in and out of NXT has to be a valuable resource.  They've been in NXT for a long time, and all three have excelled.  Those three people know more about what it takes to be successful in NXT than anyone else, and their advice seemed to be genuine and heartfelt.

The promo class was kind of stupid.  The lady with the drug addict father was the only one who did anything of note, but of course they liked the dude who stood there like a deaf mute until he did the worm. 

What it amusing to me are that there are people freaking out that Asuka was in the Orientation class - where from what we saw, she was clearly the most attentive (including the taking of notes, etc...)

• Like 1