DVDVR Message Board

Just saw the season finale today and it was great. I have not watched any other episodes however, but if that resembles anything of how good the show is, then I hope they bring this back for another season. 

To be fair, Sabby really played in the NFL.  He was a 2nd round pick and played for five years. He was a starter on the Bucs. I wouldn't call it impressive but he at least played in real life games. Most of these "NFL guys"  they recruit were like practice squad or something.

Just to add to the "is Roaddogg to be aspired to?" debate (he is, because "good matches" for the sake of "good matches" is stupid), i saw a shoot interview with him once whee the interviewer asked him when he knew his career had turned around. His response; "the first time I deposited an 80,000 royalty check." THAT's what young talent should be aspiring to. Moving that merch.

Just to add to the "is Roaddogg to be aspired to?" debate (he is, because "good matches" for the sake of "good matches" is stupid), i saw a shoot interview with him once whee the interviewer asked him when he knew his career had turned around. His response; "the first time I deposited an 80,000 royalty check." THAT's what young talent should be aspiring to. Moving that merch.

Or at least having a hot enough act to move that kind of merchandise.

• Like 1

Or at least having a hot enough act to move that kind of merchandise.
And that act was more or less created by him, and Gunn. People need to remember how fucking awesome it was to see the Roadie and Rockabilly take an opportunity and knock it out if the fucking park to become a white hot act that had to added to DX .
  • Like 1

Yeah and Road Dogg and Gunn were over before DX creating all kinds of havoc, their feud with Cactus and Chainsaw Charlie was the shit. I remember the " Oh fuck, Did they go too far??" angle with the dumpster deal and the concerned commentary.  when XPac shows up which love him or hate him was a great moment and then he and Hunter join up with the outlawz it was a perfect match.

Even when they were doing stuff with Michaels/HHH/Chyna, people wanted to see NOA join up with DX, so when it actually finally happened post Michaels- it was sweet. Any wrestler who is in the business purely for the art and NOT making money is the worse kind of mark. Banging up your body and having no health care years later for what? So you can pop in a tape (or whatever the fuck the new form of media is) in the future and brag about your 5 star match that co-mainevented an event that was held in an arena that has since been torn down? I'm with Road Dogg, give me an $80,000 check over a HOF spot and I'll be happy...which leads me too...

New Age Outlaws? Are they HOF worthy? Six time WWE tag team champions, The cornerstones of the most popular act during The Attitude Era, and not to mention what those guys accomplished in each's respective singles career.

They are definitely WWE HOFs and I'd argue they would be HOFs by any measure because if you want to talk merchandise, not many people were moving shit like they did. Also, I would argue that people in the Attitude Era were paying to see the Outlaws...  I went to a lot of shows and the other kids were rocking NAO shit everywhere. They were some sort of draw for sure.

Now with 100% more correct thread:

If I remember my various interviews with people correctly, they originally planned to have the NAO join DX to help them out when they were kinda teaming with Triple G and HBK in late 97 or early 98. Then they got over on their own and it was decided they didn't need the boost.

Then Shawn's body fell apart and DX needed them instead.

Yeah and Road Dogg and Gunn were over before DX creating all kinds of havoc, their feud with Cactus and Chainsaw Charlie was the shit. I remember the " Oh fuck, Did they go too far??" angle with the dumpster deal and the concerned commentary.  when XPac shows up which love him or hate him was a great moment and then he and Hunter join up with the outlawz it was a perfect match.

...which led to Foley cutting that great retirement promo, turning into Dude Love Corporate Stooge, fighting with Austin... it was like falling dominoes when you look back at it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah - it's a reunion/where are they now special.

Of course they are already cannibilizing viewership by announcing that Triple H will be doing a Live Facebook chat starting at 10:15 PM EST

Very enjoyable Breaking Ground special. I love the parts where Triple H & Albert tell the guys about their call up to the main roster as well as HHH's small pep talks with certain talents. Seeing the focus on Ryder's WrestleMania win, it seems so lame that he just went right back to his old spot on the card after that. Great show/series.

ZZ will win the CWC, I'm calling it now. He already went from 285 to 250 and this was taped after Wrestlemania, so surely he must be at 205 by the end of the month.

Zack Ryder's mere existence has become a running joke. He's already back to where he was before Wrestlemania. In fact you could say he's in an even worse spot. He's not doing anything on the main roster and the Hype Bros seem to be done, too.