DVDVR Message Board

Well, when I said "awesome manager" I wasn't thinking 1980s federation era where yes that would be a great role to have. I'm not sure it's possible in this era to be a non-wrestler and achieve an extended period of success unless you are a Paul Heyman so that's why I felt it was a great thing for Enzo that he has progressed in the ring.. 

And fuck yeah Road Dogg was over as hell and I think if Enzo reached that point it'd be perfect for him. Also, Road Dogg wasn't just over for the entrance I know that's a joke but if anyone truly believed it was all entrance, it definitely wasn't. He was over from bell to bell.

I'm sure if you asked Road Dogg, he'd think he has a pretty successful career being in a hugely popular stable at the biggest time in the business while making a ton of money. By any metric except "if you aren't the top guy your career didn't matter", Road Dogg had a successful career that Enzo would be blessed to have.

If you asked Road Dogg if he thought he'd had a successful career, he'd say "I don't know, I don't remember 90% of my career". That's what he said on Xplosion when Jeremy Borash asked him for his favourite memory of Wrestling in Manchester, England.

And fuck yeah Road Dogg was over as hell and I think if Enzo reached that point it'd be perfect for him. Also, Road Dogg wasn't just over for the entrance I know that's a joke but if anyone truly believed it was all entrance, it definitely wasn't. He was over from bell to bell.

This. Road Dogg was solid in ring, supplemented by his great character work. He single-handedly carried the New Age Outlaws.

He also had a particular talent to stand out in the Rumbles he was in.

If you made money, drew money, and people remember you, I'd say you had a successful career.

Well, Lex Luger made money and people remember him, but he never really drew money. So he had an unsuccessful career.

Sabu drew money and people remember him, but he never really got paid, so he had an unsuccessful career.

Who made money, drew money and nobody remembers them? Don Leo Johnathon?

If you made money, drew money, and people remember you, I'd say you had a successful career.

Well, Lex Luger made money and people remember him, but he never really drew money. So he had an unsuccessful career.

Sabu drew money and people remember him, but he never really got paid, so he had an unsuccessful career.

Who made money, drew money and nobody remembers them? Don Leo Johnathon?

I'm pretty sure he meant and/or.

So, I'm watching Breaking Ground and Canyon Cemen just rubs me the wrong way. He reminds me of a middle manager type who takes himself way too seriously. This revelation was mainly brought on by the "our system is competitive, people fight for spots here so we have to keep the best" spiel after he fired Cal Bishop. It doesn't help that he has never been in the ring himself. 

I also once got the same spiel from a former employer complete with a "you're a professional, we're not firing you but this isn't a good fit so we're letting you go" so maybe it's a personal issue.

I think that someone like Regal should be doing that job. How can you scout talent and make personnel decisions if you've never wrestled yourself? I know that management types are sometimes people who have never done grunt work but I would imagine that wrestling is different. If I were Triple H, I wouldn't want a retired volleyball player as my 2nd in command in NXT. 

• Like 1

What did we learn this week:

• Uh, Sami sounds like he doesn't want to come back to NXT
  • Subtle Rock reference during Nia's spot
  • Ziggler was too busy with Lana he couldn't help Dana out thru her tough time, c'mon man
  • Takeover:Respect Cliffhanger hype (more bawling Izzy)
  • Ganster Tino goes back to the minor league's minor league

Dana Brooke is another person who has come off really well on this show. She seems really nice.

I love that they have a film room where they watch tape with the guys and point out their fuck ups.  I just don't think Tino has it. He's got the look, he's athletic, he even has a natural dick face. But I don't see him putting it all together.

No problems with Sami not feeling it.  His goal just like everyone else is to get on RAW and perform on SummerSlam and eventually WrestleMania and make boatloads of cash. He's a professional though, he'll have a good run, I think it's pretty much a lock he main events Takeover: Dallas and then gets the call up.