DVDVR Message Board

I thought it was interesting that Dawson was at the gorilla postion for Apollo/Tino, like maybe he was acting as the agent for that match like Bayley was with some of the other women a couple of weeks ago. They must think highly of him, as well.

I thought it was interesting that Dawson was at the gorilla postion for Apollo/Tino, like maybe he was acting as the agent for that match like Bayley was with some of the other women a couple of weeks ago. They must think highly of him, as well.

I'm thinking that's probably some advanced class that the TV talent take at the Performance Center.

So why was Scott Dawson hanging out with the producers and giving feedback during Tino's match?

Because I approve. 

*Edit* I'll read the thread/quit drinking next time. Advanced class sounds about right. Didn't they have Bailey producing a match on one of these? 

And yeah. I love (like, love) Dawson. But he's not going to catch on if/when he makes it to the show. Future coach or indy darling. 

BG is so dumb. I can't believe anyone believed it was a shoot. I don't even know who it is marketed to. Like...anyone watching this is obviously smart to everything, and the show tries to be half "it's real/it's fake", while doing months old stuff that all the people watching already know about. There is no tension in any of it. This show pretending that Sami Zayn might have lost his one chance to get called up. Lol.

I'm in pretty much the same place as you. I've seen bits and pieces here and there and tuned in tonight because they advertised Sami, but I've got no clue who the audience is. Honest-to-goodness "smart" marks shouldn't buy any of it. Do the sort of people who lap up Total Divas on E! even bother with the Network? I don't get it. Then again, outside of the archival stuff, the podcasts, and any first-run in-ring content, I don't really get any of the original Network programming.

Sucks you in for forty minutes. But it's not as though I'll be tuning in next week looking to see how Sasha and Bayley's big main event went, or becoming a regular viewer to keep myself abreast of the latest on Tino.

I'm in pretty much the same place as you. I've seen bits and pieces here and there and tuned in tonight because they advertised Sami, but I've got no clue who the audience is. Honest-to-goodness "smart" marks shouldn't buy any of it. Do the sort of people who lap up Total Divas on E! even bother with the Network? I don't get it. Then again, outside of the archival stuff, the podcasts, and any first-run in-ring content, i don't really get any of the original Network programming. 

Sucks you in for forty minutes. But it's not as though I'll be tuning in next week looking to see how Sasha and Bayley's big main event went, or becoming a regular viewer to keep myself abreast of the latest on Tino. 

The most behind the scenes things they've shown were women having to take a make up class and Baron wetting his hair down in Gorilla. It's at least 80% clearly worked. Also lol at the newest ep shitting on Shockmaster and Glacier. 

OH SHIT Naylor was in this ep at Mojo's party.

Speaking of the bit with Shockmaster and Glacier, I got a chuckle out of them avoiding footage of Rock's debut when emphasizing how crucial it is to make a strong first impression.

BTW, I thinking I figured out who the show's audience is supposed to be. Without trying to sound superior, see the quotations marks in my last post.

For real though, I'm as stupid as all of you. Maybe stupider. Don't hate me.

On one of your points, I think you're underselling the feeling some of those guys have, even Sami Zayn, when it comes to being sidetracked. For someone like Sami who was on the indy scene for so long to finally get to this point, have a huge debut on Raw only to then get injured, have surgery and be out for months probably does feel like his door or window is closing. My own personal feeling is that if you don't look at life and the opportunities it has to offer as if that window or door is always on the verge of closing, then it's going to be tough to succeed. In something like wrestling where opportunities are lost for the dumbest of reasons and punishment comes in the form of burials and demotions, even if you make money for the company, then yeah, I totally buy Sami feeling like he could be losing an opportunity.

Man. I couldn't imagine living with Mojo.

"WHAT? Play board games?! Come on bro! Lets go out and get some digits, son! Better yet, I'll bring the party here!"

And that is probably every day living with Mojo, until you move out or you're both evicted. 

• Like 2

Most of the stuff on BG has conviently shown that all the people are just like their gimmicks off screen, trying to make people who already are all in on the shit that Baron Corbin really is a grumpy bike rider, and Dana really is a fitness freak, but they really have soft spots underneath it all.

And then they show Mojo and he seems like the most annoying cunt in the world, but I don't think the intention is to make you hate him. But god damn I don't know how you could watch it and not hate that dude. That dude is 30 and acts like a freshman in college.

• Like 1

I was going to ask why Mojo reminded you of your parents' sisters. But then I noticed you didn't say "most annoying aunt in the World" after all. I think Mojo is being put in the spot of being the little kid's favourite Wrestler - like they know that putting all of their eggs in the Cena basket might have been a mistake. So they've got Roman to be the handsome company Ace guy, and they've got Mojo to be the goofy guy who says poop and makes little kids laugh, and hopefully that stops Roman from getting the Cena Split.

As far as Sami being worried, Wrestlers are naturally insecure in the modern business, and he just saw a guy from the performance centre get fired for having a shoulder injury a couple of weeks ago. 

Yeah they throw a little reality BS in there at times but who cares. It's an enjoyable 40 minutes and I disagree that most of it is a work.  They're not going to take the time to script something like that and most of the reactions and conversations about ring work and promos seem genuine and authentic enough. 

So Eva Marie has Zayn and Breeze assisting her now. That's a good couple guys to get advice from.

I love that all of the women rock Sasha Banks t-shirts.  Not just because I love and own that t-shirt but she's a star to them. I wish creative on the main roster felt the same way. 

I never thought Enzo would progress past being an awesome manager for someone but now I think his ceiling is pretty damn high.  I think he could absolutely be the new Road Dogg.