DVDVR Message Board

Then that's really gotta suck for folks like Cal and Devin.  You're let go already, only to be put on TV and let go again.

Oh I think they were only let go once - it was just unusual that Cemen did it in person.

But I think they felt that for the show - they wanted to make it look more "professional" and just have the HR person do it directly

Ironically, when it comes to firing people, the HR folks I know prefer to have two people in the room (other than the firee) so there's corroboration in case something ugly happens or is alleged to have happened. I guess the camera takes care of it in this case.

it's so cringeworthy that everyone on this show uses their ring name and acts like the outcomes of their forthcoming matches aren't predetermined, everything about the Gable and Jordan stuff has been terrible wooden shit in stark contrast to their obvious uncontainable brilliance on actual NXT

also nobody cares about Tino Sabatelli so why would they care about his brother, WHY ARE YOU AT THEIR HOUSE

Breeze looks good with stubble, would love to see extended bits of the promo classes, veteran advice stuff etc

Nia Jax comes off v well so far, probably has the inside track on how to carry herself properly to not get fucked over by stupid politics I guess

Well, she's 31, so she's not prone to do the stupid shit you do when you're 19-22. Like you said, she's got family connections that are going to prevent her from getting randomly fucked with, and she's going to slot in a role that basically hasn't existed in the women's division for years, so it's a situation where she's not really a threat to a particular woman's "spot".

Nhooph's already setting herself up for a stereotype character (middle eastern Bratz). Whatever it takes to set yourself apart, I got no problem with it. And, hey, it's not for me to judge how someone represents their culture.

I still remember years back seeing an Israeli figure skater with a bodysuit covered in Star of Davids dancing to the tune of Hava Nagila and trying his hardest to implement dance moves from said song. And this happened during prime time Olympics. Freakin' made 80s wrestlin gimmicks blush.

When I saw those pictures that she showed to Regal the first thing I thought was that Shah of Sunset reality show (think that is the name) version of the Kardashians where most of the cast is extremely homosexual and all of the cast is extremely spoiled rotten.     

Side tangent - I had no idea Canyon Ceman was a successful volleyball player.

It really amuses me that even in like HR - the WWE hires people were it can promote them as crossover stars

I feel like they need to find some way to incorporate Corbin being a complete weirdo into his gimmick. Make the subtle shift from "I'm bigger and badder than all your internet darlings" to "I'm bigger and badder and I own way more pieces of real human skull than you do."

So long guy who got hurt.

Bayley is the best.

Jordan is good too.

It was nice of Nia to put on makeup for the cameras after Cal's firing to cry for him.

It's strange how they move the focus around - like a few weeks ago it was the Josh and ZZ show, and now it's the Jason Jordan, Baron Corbin and Bayley show (and Josh, ZZ, Tino, Nhooph weren't even there at all). With an added Ghost hunter segment for no reason whatsoever*. And next week it'll be the Tino Sabatelli show again.

One week it'll be all Rhyno and Joe talking about being veterans and taking a player-coach approach to their career, and Eva Marie telling everyone how she was born a star and is so much a natural in the business and doesn't have to try as hard as most people. I have no idea if she actually thinks that, but considering how she's viewed, try to tun the shoot hate into worked hate, right?

* American Ghost Hunters shows look stupid to British eyes, because the buildings aren't old enough.

Side tangent - I had no idea Canyon Ceman was a successful volleyball player.

It really amuses me that even in like HR - the WWE hires people were it can promote them as crossover stars

Well it makes sense in that a lot of professional sports teams will try and hire people with a sports background if they interact with players. The thought process is if you have someone who can relate to the athletes it makes everyone's job a bit easier. For WWE it makes sense because you'd want your wrestlers to have another athlete to go to because they can relate and might help out with HR issues.

The problem with WWE's hiring practices is when they hire writers with no knowledge of the product and hire writers who have backgrounds in comedies because that doesn't translate to what WWE is. (Well that and they're writing for a 70 year old man who's completely insane)

So I preemptively did my FF trick this week and didn't have any skipping problems, but I had another problem.  Throughout the show, I got some weird quality issues.  It was like every so often the screen would look like a mosaic.  Anybody else have this?

I had that problem too on my Apple TV.  Had to restart to live stream a few times to fix it.

For those with quality issues.are you using Wi-Fi and does your device have an Ethernet port? If so I highly recommend a set of powerline network adapters

It's the strangest thing, though.  Breaking Ground is the only program on all of the Network that I've had any problems with.  I'll get the occasional stutter, but it is super rare.  I usually watch on PS4, btw.

So I preemptively did my FF trick this week and didn't have any skipping problems, but I had another problem.  Throughout the show, I got some weird quality issues.  It was like every so often the screen would look like a mosaic.  Anybody else have this?

I had the same mosaic issue.  Watched the previous weeks Breaking Ground right before it and didn't have any issues (and watched the Miz Unfiltered episode after) so I'm guessing it's something to do with the episode itself.

Yeah, it was just this week's episode that had that weird thing going on and it wasn't all the cameras. For instance, whenever they would have a scene where someone was talking into the camera it went back to HD. 

I enjoyed this week's episode. Jordan's fake ass well Jordan's were cool. He's breaking out of his shell and I think that is due to his pairing with Gable. Those two both have a ridiculously bright future.

Bayley is now in a Tyler Breeze type role where she's mentoring the other women.  Maybe it was just what they chose to show but I noticed Eva Marie is never seen talking with anyone. When they were waiting in the airport she was sitting by herself. When Bayley was explaining what to do in the match with Alexa, Eva was seen off in the distance alone.

It could be that because she's a star on Total Divas and not around all the time that she's not really part of the "family" or she could just not give two shits about any of them.

See I was getting that weird mosaic thing and just thought "Oh they decided to get artsy this week?"

Especially when they started doing the weird shit on their ghost tour

The big things I've taken away from this show:

Carmella is actually really adorable.

Nia Jax and Dana Brooke seem very likable outside the ring.

Either Corbin really is a douchebag, or they are just working his character into this show.

They are really making sure to portray all of the coaches and trainers in a positive light.  I don't think that's all show either.  I think folks like Del Ray, Albert and Brookside are legitimately compassionate people and really want all of these people to be successful.