DVDVR Message Board

I've seen a good amount of Robbie Brookside.

Shamefully, it's only because I built my first successful EWR promotion on Hard level around he and Onyx to the point where I decided to watch as much of these guys as possible out of curiosity. 

Actually, EWR piqued my interest in a fair number of workers who I may not have watched very much of otherwise. 

Note to self: Do not try to rib Tyler Breeze in front of the cameras, because dude goes for the throat.

"Dur hur, your gear is goofy."

YEAH WELL FUCK YOU, YOUR PARTNER IS OVER AND NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU. KILL YOURSELF.

• Like 1

I use my PS4 and my ROKU stick, and other than occasional stuttering during ppvs, I haven't had problems on either in months.

On the rate occasions I use my Fire TV stick it sometimes struggles with it though.

That was another thing.  That was fucking cool.  We got to see everyone standing around marking out and shit at one another's performances. They all seem to be having a great time in NXT. I want to see a little more focus next week on the tryout/new class apart from ZZ and Josh. Let some others get some shine.

I don't say this enough, but THANK GOD FOR WILLIAM FUCKING REGAL. I've watched every minute of Tough Enough, every minute of Tough Talk, and every minute of Breaking Ground, so literally every minute of Josh's WWE career that they've shown, and I still have no concept of what The Yeti is other than a big hairy dude who makes a stupid noise.

Now, Josh seems weirdly determined to keep the stupid name, but at least he showed some personality in defending it.

• Like 1

Do people who are still there on a tryout basis actually get paid, or is it just treated like an internship/audition type deal?  I've never really been clear about that, especially considering the whole "independent contractor" nature of the business.  It's pretty much like they're attending a performing arts school or training program and getting to use facilities and attend classes and not actually out in front of an audience generating any revenue for the company.

The way they've been treating ZZ so far makes me wonder if they just gave him the developmental deal with the intention that he'll eventually wash out while provide some drama in the "will he or won't he start taking it seriously?" angle.  Something to add more of an ongoing storyline plus kind of making an example out of him to other hopefuls of what happens when you aren't prepared to make it in the business.

About the only aspect of the show I'm iffy on is the way they keep teetering between maintaining kayfabe and just acknowledging all the people on there are performers playing roles with the way they just refer to the non-developmental people by their gimmick names.  Last week's segment with Dayna Brooke was a prime example of this where it was like they couldn't decide if they wanted her to stay in character all the time or not.  Or maybe Dayna herself didn't know how she wanted to play it.

I didn't watch Tough Enough, so I'm sure that I'm saying what other people have already said, but Josh looks like white Roman Reigns.

Josh/Roman Reigns vs. Cena/Darren Young might collapse the fucking universe. 

• Like 1

About the only aspect of the show I'm iffy on is the way they keep teetering between maintaining kayfabe and just acknowledging all the people on there are performers playing roles with the way they just refer to the non-developmental people by their gimmick names.  Last week's segment with Dayna Brooke was a prime example of this where it was like they couldn't decide if they wanted her to stay in character all the time or not.  Or maybe Dayna herself didn't know how she wanted to play it.

Ok, time for my Dana Brooke rebuttal.  I saw some posts that said she was disingenuous last week.  I don't think people understood that they mixed interviews with the real person with promos of Dana Brooke from earlier this year.  That could be seen as confusing.  But I don't think she was being fake.  And I'm gonna trust Sara regarding the real person behind Dana Brooke.  I also saw somebody say that she cares more about looking good than being proficient in the ring.  Well, she went from one job where appearance is the #1 priority to another job where appearance is in the top 3 priorities.  And for her character, I'd argue it's #1 or #2. 

If somebody had told me months ago I'd be defending Dana Brooke today, I would have flipped.

This shit is not working again this week and my fix from last week isn't working this week.  What are y'all using to watch because PS4, Chrome and Firefox are not working.

Ok, so FF to 5 minutes and then back didn't work.  Neither did FF to 8 minutes.  I had to FF to the end of the episode, let it sit there for about a minute, the rewind back to the opening credits where it started going haywire to get this working on PS4.

Other thoughts:

• Not only did Josh (seemingly*) disrespect William Regal to his face, but Sami Zayn as well.  Sami specifically said don't get married to a character and he ignored him.  Foreshadowing (* I suppose it's possible that funky editing was responsible for that)
  • So is this show also around to show who's doing who?  I'm just gonna assume that Cass and Carmella are together, which I didn't know.  How long before Sasha/Mikaze and Bayley/enhancement talent are out on a double date like a Total Divas episode.
  • Great episode for giving Baron some babyface rub after the heel episode.  TBH, I felt sorry for him dealing with that drunk at the bar.  I wonder what would have happened if there wasn't a camera around.

I feel like if you don't know enough about wrestling's past to know that there was already a Yeti that is universally known as one of the worst bombs in professional wrestling history, you shouldn't have a fucking contract with the biggest wrestling company in the world.  It should be a test they have to take first or something.

"Describe The Yeti in three words or less" and the correct answer is Mummy Ass Rapist

Dana Brook sounds like the mom from Bobby's World

Big Cass is totally giving Carmella the D in real life right?

I can almost see them sticking with the Yeti thing because Vince probably loves it. HEH HEH I LOVE THAT THING...DO THE CALL. COME ON DO IT. DO IT DO IT PAL.

I watched the first two episodes over the weekend and it's an interesting show. Baron Corbin is such an A-1 Jerk it's great.

• Like 1