DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 9

Dolfan in NYC

And the hits keep coming. George O'Leary "retires" effective immediately after UCF gets their brains kicked in my Houston yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13969897/george-oleary-ucf-knights-head-coach

UCF also agrees to pay first year OC Brent Key $700,000 to not become the next coach.  Both UCF and O'Leary had denied repeated rumors that Key's contract named him "coach in waiting."

I think the guy in #1 is a Michigan fan. It's all just overcompensation. What kind of leaf is that on his cheek anyway, a maple leaf? Unless he's Canadian, I don't get it.

Edit: If that's supposed to be a buckeye leaf he did a shitty job.

Jerry Kill has retired from Minnesota effectively immediately as he suffered two more seizures on Tuesday

"I don't want to be a liability," Kill said Wednesday. "I don't want somebody to have to worry about if I'm going to drop on the field. I don't want to coach from the press box. I want to coach the way I coached my whole life.

"I don't have any more energy. None. I've left it all here in the great state of Minnesota. And I have no regrets."
  • Like 1

Jerry Kill has retired from Minnesota effectively immediately as he suffered two more seizures on Tuesday

"I don't want to be a liability," Kill said Wednesday. "I don't want somebody to have to worry about if I'm going to drop on the field. I don't want to coach from the press box. I want to coach the way I coached my whole life.

"I don't have any more energy. None. I've left it all here in the great state of Minnesota. And I have no regrets."

You knew it was eventually going to get in the way of his job, but still. . .fuck fucking fuck.

Awesome name, cool guy, too bad it got the better of him to cause him to retire. At least he's earned enough to not have to care about working anymore one would assume.