DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015.

The Natural

Originally we thought the rubber match between The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar was going to happen at WrestleMania 32, but instead it takes place here.

I've looked forward to this match since it was announced by video at Night of Champions last month for a number of reasons. The Undertaker’s Hell in a Cell match with Brock Lesnar at No Mercy 2002 is a top three Hell in a Cell match and still one of the best matches both have ever had. The two have great chemistry with each other. The SummerSlam 2015 match is in my top five WWE matches this year. It’s the biggest Hell in a Cell match since The Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXVIII and I think it might be the most violent since the WWE went PG in August 2008. Hope the match doesn’t have outside interference like recent Hell in a Cell matches have.

I'm also interested to see John Cena's opponent will be in the WWE United States Championship Open Challenge with the news coming out John Cena will be taking time off. Mystery opponents are either a hit or a miss, hoping this one will be a hit. Samoa Joe?

Cesaro, Neville, Dolph over The Foreign Fanatics II, in the six man opener. 

Charlotte retains over Nikki, with possible Paige shenanigans. 

New Day retains

Owens over Ryback

Reigns beats Bray 

Cena loses the US championship to ....jeez, umm...well, the most boring choice is Big Show, but I think they know the backlash will be unreal, so fuck it, I'll say Samoa Joe, Bryan or ...Alberto Dellllllll Riiiiiiiiooooooo.

Rollins beats Kane, with a failed Sheamus cash-in.

Brock beats Taker, decisively. Possible post-match Kane shenanigans. 

Guesses for the only interesting thing on the card, in descending order of probability:

1. Anyone not named Kofi Kingston on the roster who was also not previously out with injury comes out and challenges for the U.S. Championship, loses cleanly.

2. Kofi challenges for U.S. Championship, loses cleanly.

3. Kofi challenges for U.S. Championship, wins with help from his now tag-team-championship-less buddies in New Day, FREEBIRD RULE FOR THE U.S. CHAMPIONSHIP which would keep it as the most important championship on the roster, IMO

4. Anyone not named Kofi Kingston on the roster who was also not previously out with injury comes out and challenges for the U.S. Championship, wins.

5. D-Bry challenges for U.S. Championship, cheats to win and turns heel because the company likes fucking with a certain number of its fans.

6. D-Bry challenges for U.S. Championship, loses cleanly because the company likes fucking with a certain number of its fans.

7. D-Bry challenges for U.S. Championship, wins cleanly, and I actually gain a smidgen of interest in the company's main roster again beyond not watching anything except for the PPV-level shows, which I only watch on my phone while doing something else anyway, until some booking decision that I really don't like causes me to lose interest again in mere weeks. 

• Like 1

With all his commotion on Twitter about wanting title shot I think it'd be fucking funny if Heath Slater comes out and answers the U.S. Open, maybe even have him cut a promo on the way down the ramp about how he has been waiting for weeks to get his "championship opportunity" to get cast aside for the New Days and Dolph Zigglers of the company but tonight is his night only to get the AA and Five Knuckle Shuffle almost immediately. Cena gets the pin and as he is celebrating D-Bry or even Samoa Joe's music hits and they come out and we get a longish match maybe a little over ten minutes and Joe or Bryan go over. A little ECWish booking but fuck would be fun and would add a little depth to Slaters character and shit way have a comedy jobber heel if your not gonna use him.

I think Bray/Roman is going to steal the show. Roman has been SO FRIGGING GOOD the past few weeks. People are sleeping on what a great job he's done connecting with the crowd and upping his spots, like the insane Table Drive-By he busted out on Smackdown. Bray's going to do some good twisted stuff (Sister Abigail into the cage?)  and his usual great character stuff.

This has been a really great feud. It had some awesome creepy Bray stuff (the photos of Roman's daughter, ANYONE BUT YOU) and good revenge badass stuff from Roman. They incorporated Dean (and Orton and Seth) and reintroduced the Family and added a really compelling character monster in Stowman. And now they're settling it in a one-on-one grudge match battle, which is how it all started.

If Bryan is back tonight (i'm not getting my hopes up) I hope it's "I've had a good talk with SCSA, and i'm changing my style" Bryan. If there is anyone who can change their style and still stay WAAAAAY over it's The American Dragon.

If not Bryan, Ambrose with 3 Dirty Deeds and a clean pin is the only thing Id be pumped about.

Per Metlzer tonight will be a good night creative-wise, so who knows what's going to happen. Kane as champ cannot be the plan though, can it?

Kane as World Champ, Big Show as US champ, that's where the money lies.

• Like 2

I thought the Sac shows were Friday and Saturday? And I really think they would miss the boat if Slater isn't the decoy opponent for Cena. It'd be a fun little moment. Would Storm get a pop in LA? I'm leaning towards Joe cuz the pop in LA for him would be huge i think. The pop for Bryan would be huge anywhere.