39 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?!

• NY Mets
    • KC Royals
  2. 2. Who ya rooting for?!

• NY Mets
    • KC Royals
    • Don't care.

Has a guy gone from playoff hero to goat faster than Daniel Murphy?

and somebody is still going to give him too much money and too many years

I'm thinking the Marlins or Cubs.

Thank fuck the Cubs aren't stupid and have too many quality middle infielders as is. Yankees imo.

Nah, the Yankees are going to stick with the platoon of Refsynder/Ackley. They did go after Zobrist at the deadline, but didn't like Oakland's asking price. Maybe they go back to Zobrist since he's a free agent.

Nah, the Yankees are going to stick with the platoon of Refsynder/Ackley. They did go after Zobrist at the deadline, but didn't like Oakland's asking price. Maybe they go back to Zobrist since he's a free agent.

Uh, I hope not. :(

Royals starting pitchers had a combined WAR of 8.4 (Fangraphs), 22nd best in the majors. I wonder when the last time a team won the series with such a relatively weak rotation.

Edit: answering my own question, the Giants starters last year were ranked 23rd amazingly but had a WAR of 9.6. 

Uh, I hope not. :(

Royals starting pitchers had a combined WAR of 8.4 (Fangraphs), 22nd best in the majors. I wonder when the last time a team won the series with such a relatively weak rotation.

Well, the Yankees used only three starters (Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte) throughout the entire '09 playoff run.

Kinda nice that Hochevar got the win. He's still a huge bust, but he's at least managed to make something out of his career.

Pretty amazing turnaround by the Royals the last couple years. Wasn't all that long ago that Poz was writing articles about how it looked like the Royals fabled minor league haul of Moustakas, Hosmer et al weren't going to pan out after all.

Already heard a lot of dummies today.  Hindsight kind of makes that happen.  I don't have a problem with leaving Harvey in at all.  The guy had pitched 8 shutout innings and looked to be in full control of his pitches.  The only downside is the fact that the change of decision was so public.  If you are on the fence about whether to leave your starter in who has been dominant over the whole game or to bring in your dominant closer, you want the kind of reaction that Harvey had.  I don't even care about them leaving him in after the walk because I felt like he pitched a good at-bat.  That last ball was a really good pitch that most guys swing at.  But people want to crucify Collins for changing his decision. 

The Royals were just the better team and weren't a good match for the Mets.  I hate to say it but Harold said it best late in the game when he said it feels like for the Mets to win they need to hit the long ball and for the Royals to win they just need to get a man on base.  And that was the whole series.  The Mets left guys stranded on base a ton of times.  The Royals were able to make the most of their opportunities.   It might have made it a little better if Cespedes was able to do anything at all in the playoffs but I can't complain, they wouldn't have even been there if it weren't for him.  It was an awesome season though and I'm really looking forward to next year and what they're able to do in the offseason.