DVDVR Message Board

RIPPA WAS STUPID - IGNORE THIS

Tim Evans

Tonight's NXT tapings were pretty newsworthy. Some set up to UK takeover and and epic main event for the 11/19 tapings. Also the crowd was at it's absolute worst, at least the 20-50 hard cam annoying ones.

Taping 1.

Asuka beat Cameron. Cameron wasn't half bad but she took a beating.

Bull Dempsey beat Angelo Dawikins

Eva Marie beat Marley(Gionna Daddio's new name)

Finn Balor and Apollo Crews went to a no contest.  Baron Corbin interferred and beat down Apollo. Joe made the save. Joe then turned on Balor and put the choke on him.

Taping 2

Adrienne Reese(Athena) beat Peyton Royce with the O face

Apollo attacked Baron Corbin before his match with Tye Dillenger.

Bayley and the Hype Bros beat BAMF.

Nia jax beat Deonna Purrazzo

Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder won the tag titles over the Vaudevillans. Dawson and Wilder went after Aiden's leg all match and won by submission.

Joe interview. Really good interview talking about why he turned on Finn. Finn runs down and they have a brawl. Finn gets choked out again.

Taping 3

Nia Jax beat Carmella

Gable/Jordan beat the Ascension.

Emma beat Mary Kate(Andrea from Shine/Evolve)

Dawson and Wilder beat Corey Hollis and John Skyler

Bayley beat Alexa to retain the women's title. After the match, Eva Marie came out to challenge Eva for a title match at the 11/19 tapings. This was insane as the crowd booed so loud, she couldn't talk. This went on for like 3 minutes with Bayley trying to stop the crowd from booing.

No James Storm, Rhyno or Breeze.

Well Eva Marie has now challenged for the title. When did X-Pac heat become a good thing? I feel like it has gone from X-Pact, JJ (early TNA run), JBL, Vickie Guerrero, and now Eva Marie? Am I missing someone?

One of these things is not like the other....

Vickie was transcendent with her heat, it looped around and became all kinds of awesome.

• Like 1

If they're going to put it on Eva, doing it on a taping is brilliant, because it'll be at least a week or two of the Internet (by which I mean us) all gnashing their teeth waiting to see how bad it is. 

I still think they should've turned Balor instead of Joe, but Joe as heel policeman in NXT is a good spot for him.

Also, this isn't spoiler related, but Asuka may be my new favorite NXT performer, and holy shit that End of Days on Rhyno was choice.

Tonight's NXT tapings were pretty newsworthy. Some set up to UK takeover and and epic main event for the 11/19 tapings. Also the crowd was at it's absolute worst, at least the 20-50 hard cam annoying ones.

Taping 1.

Finn Balor and Apollo Crews went to a no contest.  Baron Corbin interferred and beat down Apollo. Joe made the save. Joe then turned on Balor and put the choke on him.

Taping 2

Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder won the tag titles over the Vaudevillans. Dawson and Wilder went after Aiden's leg all match and won by submission.

Joe interview. Really good interview talking about why he turned on Finn. Finn runs down and they have a brawl. Finn gets choked out again.

Taping 3

Nia Jax beat Carmella

Bayley beat Alexa to retain the women's title. After the match, Eva Marie came out to challenge Eva for a title match at the 11/19 tapings. This was insane as the crowd booed so loud, she couldn't talk. This went on for like 3 minutes with Bayley trying to stop the crowd from booing.

I take it the dig at the crowd centered around that last tidbit of information? Can you honestly blame that crowd? 

NXT is suppose to be developmental but they don't treat it like that. They treat it like a fancy PWG but use logical traditional story telling and by-in-large don't treat their audience like mouth breathing fools. When you do that you are going to draw certain crowd an that crowd will have expectations for the pr0duct.

They are doing it to themselves. Everyone knows she isn't very good in the ring (being kind). They know the top brass fap to her pictures on the regular. They know this is to promote their shite reality show. If they play it off like it ISN'T about those things then that crowd is going to see through it and dump all over it. 

The Full Sail Crowd/certain members of this board = children that have been eating nothing but delicious candy, and then someone hands them a Mounds, and they start crying.

At least wait until she actually gets the title to roll out the pages and pages of complaining. Nothing has even happened yet.

• Like 1

Taping 1.

Taping 2

Taping 3

Nia Jax beat Carmella

So Takeover: London is tenatively

Finn vs. Joe OR Finn vs. Joe vs. Corbin vs. Crews

Corbin vs. Crews

Bayley vs. Eva Marie

Dash/Dawson vs. Vaudevillians vs. Enzo/Cass (depending on Cass' health by then)

Not a bad card so far. I'm excited for 2016 having Baron Corbin and Eva Marie holding NXT singles titles....if only we can get the Hype Bros to get the tag belts...though I guess that will depend on their taping schedule and the Patriots continued winning, because I could see NXT putting the belts on the Hype Bros in order to get a shot on FOX/CBS/NBC (whoever is carrying the Super Bowl) of Mojo celebrating with Gronk with a NXT title belt.

For discussion about the tapings for the 11/4, 11/11 and 11/19 shows

I am posting the spoilers that went up on WON since they have some different details from Tim's post

Notes from tonight's NXT TV tapings in Winter Park, FL.

For the TV show that airs November 4th: 

Asuka beat Cameron with the Asuka lock.  Went too long for a one-sided match.

Bull Dempsey beat Angelo Dawkins. 

Eva Marie beat Marley (who used to be Gionna Daddio).  Fans hated Eva Marie.

Finn Balor went to a no-contest with Apollo Crews in the NXT title match. Baron Corbin came in and attacked both men.  Samoa Joe first made the save, but then turned and hit the muscle buster on Balor.  Pretty good match until the finish.

For the TV show that airs November 11th:

Adrienne Reese beat Peyton Royce.  Big pop for Reese making her debut.

Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger never started.  Apollo Crews attacked Corbin before the match and laid him out.

Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley & Bayley beat Blake & Murphy & Alexa Bliss in a mixed-tag match.  Ryder got the pin.  They had Bayley to the Belly-to-Bayley on one of the guys.  The crowd was really into Bayley & Rawley.  Bliss ran away with the title belt after the match.

Nia Jax beat Deonna Purrazzo.

Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder beat The Vaudevillains to win the NXT Tag Team titles.  Probably will be better on TV edited.

For the TV show that airs November 19th:

Samoa Joe came out for a promo.  Th crowd heeled on him.  He ended up in a brawl with Finn Balor.  At the end, Joe choked out Balor.

Jason Jordan & Chad Gable beat The Ascension.  This was said to be the hottest thing all night.

Emma beat Mary Kate (the former Rosie Lottlalove in TNA).

Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder beat John Skylar & Corey Hollis.

Bayley beat Alexa Bliss to retain the NXT Women's Title.  This was said to be an okay match.  Eva Marie confronted Bayley  for the next title shot, which will take place at the next taping.  Once again, the crowd hated Eva Marie.

To clarify, do we need to spoiler our discussion of the tapings results since this is a thread specifically about said tapings?

Nope - no need to use spoiler tags in this thread since you are pretty much entering it knowing what is going on.

The tags that are already used are just because I moved the posts over from the other thread

Cool.

In that case, I kind of hate to see the Vaudevillains lose the titles, but moreso because nothing was really done with them as champs.  Given that, I'm happy to see Dawson and Wilder win, and I'm looking forward to Gable & Jordan's likely title chase.