DVDVR Message Board

I already own TLOU on PS3, but it's one of my favorite games of all time, so for this price I'll gladly play it again.

I felt like the PS4 version was a BIG improvement.

What did they change? I assumed it was just better graphics.

I already own TLOU on PS3, but it's one of my favorite games of all time, so for this price I'll gladly play it again.

I felt like the PS4 version was a BIG improvement.

What did they change? I assumed it was just better graphics.
Well, it IS better graphics. But that includes a much better frame rate (you can lock it at 30 FPS or do the "try for 60" setting. Both are a LOT better than the PS3 version. And a lot of graphical glitches, clipping, and so on that was present in the PS3 version were corrected as well.

The gameplay itself is unchanged.

Still, the graphical fixes represent a major improvement and result in a much better game.

Now, as I've mentioned here before, I'm not a big fan of the game. I think the first third is atrocious and I did not get past it on the PS3. I pushed through on the PS4 version and the game significantly picks up after that. It's still nowhere near the revelation (to me, anyway) that a lot of people sell it as being.

There are 3 things I want out of Black Friday:

1) a deal on Lego Dimensions so I can buy it and some boosters for my nephews for X-mas without breaking my bank

2) A real high-spec PC for myself so I can game/stream on twitch with ease

3) a foolish Playstation TV to give me more options to stream with.

Well I got 1 and 2 taken care of, plus I got my folks some sweet deals on a Jawbone and an iPad so I consider this a successful Black Friday!

• Like 1

If you don't have a streaming music service because you can't abide another $10/month, Rhapsody, which is pretty solid has a flash sale now of gifts cards $30 for 6 months of their premium service.  You can stack them and get 1 year for $60 and give it to yourself.  Since their free trial is 3 months for $1 right now, you can sign up for that first and then cash in the credits and you will be set until March 2017 at about $4.00/month.  That's well under half what a year of Spotify or Apple Music would cost for the premium service.

https://order.rhapsody.com/checkout/gift-sale?cmpid=gift_buy&opage=gift_buy

Got three months of X-Box Gold (which I've not been subscribed to) for $12.50 and three months of PlayStation Plus (which I still have several months to go on) for $10.

I'm declaring myself a Black Friday winner.

I bought bath towels. And a colander. And a toaster. And one paperback and three eBooks. Oh, and Wind Waker HD.

Earlier in the week, I bought a new TV (Samsung 40" Smart for $318 plus a $20 GC, NICE!) for the second straight year (to replace the one the ex is taking with her when she moves out in a couple days).

Today, I'm going to buy flatware, dinnerware, and perhaps a new media stand, a couple more appliances, and sheet sets to replace the other shit she's taking.

jesus i am old and domesticated, send help

I scored the Lego Dimensions starter pack for $65 and then got the Wonder Woman, Unikitty, Back to the Future, and Wicked Witch add ons, which were all buy one get one 40% off.

I thought my daughter would be thrilled about this on Christmas. When we looked through the ads after the fact, those are the ones she wanted from Santa, so I'm thinking, "sweet, this is perfect!"

And then she saw the Inside Out Disney Infinity figures. And then she wanted to watch a video of Disney Infinity. Now she wants that. SHIT.

I worked and none of the rest of my team was in the office. I think I'm the big winner here, folks.

Yeah, had a similar situation.  Only a couple calls and ended up watching a huge chunk of Jessica Jones.  That's a win for me.

Did go to my local Target at 6am and it was a ghost town.  There were three news crews for no good reason as I shuffled around half awake.  Did pick up San Andreas and Intellestellar Blu Ray, altogether $10.  Might check out Cyber Monday and see what's going on time permitting.

I was able to get that WiiU bundle (the one with Super Smash Brothers and Splatoon) for my son for Christmas

Didn't get the mega-cheap version (I think Walmart had it for $249 but I also think they maybe had like 4 total) but Best Buy had them for $279 so it wasn't too too bad

Too be fair - we beat the hell out of old one nicely while resisting getting the extra shit.

Now my Dad - he used to buy everything. My Mom still has the meat grinder one (which actually works really fucking well)

I scored the Lego Dimensions starter pack for $65 and then got the Wonder Woman, Unikitty, Back to the Future, and Wicked Witch add ons, which were all buy one get one 40% off.

I thought my daughter would be thrilled about this on Christmas. When we looked through the ads after the fact, those are the ones she wanted from Santa, so I'm thinking, "sweet, this is perfect!"

And then she saw the Inside Out Disney Infinity figures. And then she wanted to watch a video of Disney Infinity. Now she wants that. SHIT.

Our 13 year old boy has been wanting a PS4 since it came out. Couldn't afford it last year. Finally able to get it this year, Star Wars exclusive system bundled with Star Wars Disney Infinity. Literally the day after I bought this, along with a bunch of other Infinity stuff, a 2nd controller and stand, he comes home from school and starts talking about wanting an XBox One since that's apparently what his friends have and he would want to play online with them. I'm not taking this stuff back, so he's going to have to be happy with the PS4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

So Amazon has KitchenAid Mixers on sale for $250 (that's $180 off the standard price) so I just bought one to replace our 15 year Mixer.

BEING AN ADULT FOR THE WIN~!

I picked up one of those too. I've been using a hand-me-down mixer that barely worked and had to be at least as old as me, so I suspect my brain will melt with the upgrade.