DVDVR Message Board

Right. PS4 doesn't support external storage.

Never had the disc shooting out problem thankfully.

But I do kinda wish I'd waited for the 1TB PS4, because it's really nice never worrying about space on the XBone.

I do all of my purchasing and gaming digitally and have a 500GB system so I've actually deleted a few games at different points to make room.  It's not a big deal for me because I'm the type of person that completely moves on from one game to another and never returns.  For most people, that would probably be an issue- to have to delete and redownload something.  No external storage support sucks but you can replace the internal drive and it's just a matter of turning a few screws.  Very simple. 

• Like 1

It may not support external storage, but the PS4's internal HDD is about as easy an upgrade as a TiVo.  It's just redownloading everything that suuuuuuuccccckkkkssss

Yea that is why when I got my PS4 I swapped a 1 TB hard drive into it before I even used it. Knew I wouldn't want to download everything again later. I don't download a lot of stuff but I know over the course of me having it I will go over 500 GB, esp with PS Plus.

It may not support external storage, but the PS4's internal HDD is about as easy an upgrade as a TiVo.  It's just redownloading everything that suuuuuuuccccckkkkssss

Yeah and when you live in a neighborhood that only has 4mb/s DSL internet...Thank god for predownloadable content.  At least my stuff can be downloading and finish before games release if I get new stuff.  It literally takes me a couple days to download a game.  For some reason I don't have any issue gaming online though.  No lag or red bars on my connection when playing PvP.  Strange. 

I got a 46" Insignia for $349 last year and love it to death.

Here's an idea - let people buy whatever the fuck they want to buy without wagging your finger at them.

Weird spot this year - I don't *need* any big electronics purchases. So...books and games? Books and games.

Sorry dude, wasn't aware I had pissed in your cereal prior to posting.

Anyways, 2013-14 Insignias were re-badged Hisense models, 2010-12 were Vizios.

You can always tell a Sharp LED TV b/c the contrast is always way off, with people looking like they have really bad tans/really red skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my buying guide:

Do you have a big ass HDTV?

Y/N

If no find a bigass one in the 50" 500 buck range.

If yes, remember how much you paid and how long ago.

Do you have a bitchin' home theater reciever?

Y/N

If no, then they will all be expensive and hard to figure out.

If yes, buy some banana plugs or something.

Do you have a good fucking PC?

Y/N

If yes, why are you worrying?

If no, you got a long way ahead.

Do you have one of those next generation consoles?

If not, keep waiting motherfucker.

I got in on that recent newegg deal with a decent 500 gig ssd that came with that new assassins creed game I'll probably never play.  DOUBLE SSDS now.  I still won't upgrade to windows 10 unless I'm completely William Holden style drunk.

Main kind of deals I'm looking for are large, hard to ship things.  Like waterbase pillows and giant beanbags for lazy fucks.

There are 3 things I want out of Black Friday:

1) a deal on Lego Dimensions so I can buy it and some boosters for my nephews for X-mas without breaking my bank

2) A real high-spec PC for myself so I can game/stream on twitch with ease

3) a foolish Playstation TV to give me more options to stream with.

• Like 1

Hell yes! I just got a PS4 1TB for €299 and The Last of Us Remastered, inFamous: Second Son and Until Dawn for a combined €45.

This should last me a while.

I already own TLOU on PS3, but it's one of my favorite games of all time, so for this price I'll gladly play it again.

I already own TLOU on PS3, but it's one of my favorite games of all time, so for this price I'll gladly play it again.

I felt like the PS4 version was a BIG improvement.