DVDVR Message Board

Maybe a little early for getting this started and/or it might belong in the General Discussion folder, but here we go.

The Black Friday ad for Dell has an XBox One bundle featuring Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Fallout 4 and an extra controller for $300.

This might be just the excuse I need to get an XBox One.

I have an XBone, and that just piqued my interest.  That is a great deal.

And I'm finally buying an Xbox One. If I miss out on that one, man, I may as well never try. Also, is this the newer version of the Xbox One that comes with the updated controller (not the elite one, obviously)?

And I'm finally buying an Xbox One. If I miss out on that one, man, I may as well never try. Also, is this the newer version of the Xbox One that comes with the updated controller (not the elite one, obviously)?

Not sure. But it does say that it's one of the 500GB systems and not one of the 1TB ones. Not sure if that means anything. . .I haven't been tracking XBox One that closely since I got my PS4.

1. It's not even Halloween yet so I'm likely going to hold off on anything Black Friday until afterwards (even though it appears to be month-long anymore instead of one day).

2.  Sweet jeebus that's a sweet deal.  I'm a PS4 guy and am saving up for a house, but you can't go wrong with $300 for that.

I've been holding out for a PS4 that hasn't fit my budget to this point. But I'll be buying that instead.

New PS4 bundle deal:

- 500 gig PS4

- Uncharted remastered set

- some controller

- Guitar Hero Live bundle w/controller

$369.99

That is a sweet deal, but I'm saving my $$$ for a TV and, hope of hopes, an insane WiiU bundle deal.

The direct-from-Nintendo Refurb Deluxe Set for $200 has been great for me. Refurb or no, it survived my SSB4 online addiction when I was unemployed and its doing great with my Mario Maker obsession. I recommend it.

I've been holding out for a PS4 that hasn't fit my budget to this point. But I'll be buying that instead.

New PS4 bundle deal:

- 500 gig PS4

- Uncharted remastered set

- some controller

- Guitar Hero Live bundle w/controller

$369.99

$70 more with two games I don't care about and I still have to buy FO4. Hard pass.

• Like 1

You'll probably see stuff like 2-3 game bundles for $350 for Black Friday deals.  I doubt you'll see anything at $300 though.  What makes that Dell deal even more awesome than just the price point are the games involved.  Most Black Friday stuff tends to be heavily bundled and games I couldn't care less about.    

The direct-from-Nintendo Refurb Deluxe Set for $200 has been great for me. Refurb or no, it survived my SSB4 online addiction when I was unemployed and its doing great with my Mario Maker obsession. I recommend it.

I think I can get a better deal than this that goes sub-$199 and has more than Nintendoland thrown in.

Really hoping for something like $169-$189 with SM3DW and Splatoon or something of that nature. Might be unrealistic, but with Nintendo moving toward dumping the WiiU altogether, it might be possible. 

Coming down from my high hopes, I'd also accept an 8-gig with just SM3DW for somewhere in that price range  because I have a hard drive here that would be perfect such a WiiU and I at least would like to play SM3DW. 

I got a 46" Insignia for $349 last year and love it to death.

Here's an idea - let people buy whatever the fuck they want to buy without wagging your finger at them.

Weird spot this year - I don't *need* any big electronics purchases. So...books and games? Books and games.

I mostly am interesting in what XBox One 1 TB deals there are as I don't have any interest in a 500 GB one and if I have to buy a larger one myself it just adds to the cost anyway. This is usually around when I get the second console so hopefully I'll see a deal I like, don't want to miss out on Gears.

Definitely go with the 1 TB one, even if external hard drives are cheaper than ever. I've had my 1 TB XBone since Juneish, have installed maybe three or four games, and I'm already at something like 24% full. If you game a lot, that puppy can fill up quick.

But man, that $300 Dell deal....

• Like 1

Definitely go with the 1 TB one, even if external hard drives are cheaper than ever. I've had my 1 TB XBone since Juneish, have installed maybe three or four games, and I'm already at something like 24% full. If you game a lot, that puppy can fill up quick.

But man, that $300 Dell deal....

I've got the 500GB PS4 (got the white one that was bundled with Destiny a little more than a year ago), and I'm not sure off the top of my head how much hard drive space I've got left. My last two purchases (Dragon Age: Inquisition and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection) were both digital because I got annoyed with the PS4's "hey, I'm just going to spit out this disc whenever I feel like it" issue while I was playing other games I have. I think one of the patches has fixed that problem since then, but I haven't bought a physical game in quite a while.

Is it hard to set up a portable hard drive with a gaming system like this?