DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/22/15

victor

Smackdown & Main Event spoilers

SmackDown starts with a promo from Kane. The New Day interrupts and they're announced in a match against Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose later tonight.

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins defeated Cesaro in a non-title match, with a Pedigree. Stardust and The Ascension were in the crowd cheering Cesaro on.

* Paige calls Becky Lynch and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte to the ring but The Bella Twins interrupt. This leads to a match.

* Nikki Bella defeated Paige with a big forearm to the face and the Rack Attack.

* The Miz brought out Summer Rae and Dolph Ziggler for MizTV. Ziggler says he's done with Summer and no longer interested. She's fine with that because she's moved on and has a new man. Out comes NXT Superstar Tyler Breeze. Breeze cuts a promo and attacks Ziggler.

* Sheamus and King Barrett with Rusev defeated The Lucha Dragons. The win came after Sheamus hit a Brogue Kick on Kalisto when Barrett had him distracted.

* Bo Dallas comes out for a promo but he's interrupted by Ryback's music. Ryback wins a quick match.

* Renee Young interviews WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens backstage about Hell In a Cell and the match against Ryback.

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and Big E in a non-title match is next. New Day goes to leave but The Dudley Boyz come out on the stage to block them. Reigns and Ambrose bring The New Day back to the ring and The Dudleyz leave. Reigns hits Kofi with a spear for the win. After the match, Reigns and Ambrose celebrate but are interrupted by a Bray Wyatt promo on the big screen. SmackDown ends.

Main Event Taping:

* Sasha Banks defeated Brie Bella by submission

* Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman defeated The Prime Time Players

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens defeated Neville in a non-title match

Nice to see Tyler Breeze in the big league I wish him luck.

I could think of better ways for him to debut than to be brought in by a woman that just got passed around by half the locker room. Breeze doesn't need a mouth piece if anything he's a guy they should stick someone like Eva with so he could wrestle and talk and she could be an entrance prop.

I don't think Breeze/Ziggler is a bad idea. I mean the writers could easily screw it up and Breeze can't in good conscience call Dolph an uggo, but Dolph's a credible midcarder who can make Breeze look good to a new audience. Plus the name Summer Breeze writes itself and they should be a good comedy duo with Breeze still being a midcard threat in the ring.

So are we thinking 3-1 odds the announcers act like no one has ever seen Breeze before?

Eh, they really only did that with the Wyatts. They've acknowledged pretty much everyone else that's come up as NXT alums. Granted, they aren't exactly filling in back stories or anything else that would help in the transition to the main roster, and JBL has to throw in a "What these guys did before is irrelevant!" every couple of minutes, but they don't generally act like wrestlers are appearing out of thin air anymore.

I hope that Breeze/Ziggler ends up being for the rights to be the Dolph Ziggler of the Roster. Breeze is clearly the better of the two and should win.

Dolph can continue doing a Dane Cook impression at Comedy Clubs.

Is anyone bothered that Stardust and the Ascension were cheering Cesaro on? Please don't drag Claudio into the realm of suck that is Stardust and the Ascension.

Sigh...He is the Swiss Superman, so I guess we know what his next feud is going to be, that's right, terrible.

• Like 1

Is anyone bothered that Stardust and the Ascension were cheering Cesaro on? Please don't drag Claudio into the realm of suck that is Stardust and the Ascension.

WWE has found a way to turn Cesaro (potentially a Cesaro/Neville team) into x4 material. Bravo.