DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-19-15

MGFanJay

Whenever they pull the trigger on an actual Shield reunion, the crowd that sees it live will lose its collective mind.  Even with the anticipation of a swerve/ Rollins walkout, folks were still giddy about it tonight.

That Sally Jessy Raphael crack by Paige--UGH. Does anyone even remember Sally?  I watched her talk show a bit back in the day, and I barely recognized the name for a minute.  I wouldn't be surprised if Paige had no idea who she was.

It'll be interesting to see how Orton/Harper factor into Sunday.  Did the Wyatts kidnap Orton?  Where has Rowan been all this time (in storyline terms)?  I smell a turn by someone at the show.  I think.

Sweet tap-dancing Jesus! I barely remembered SJR and I'm 58. What do we get next week, references to Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder?

• Like 1

2) I admit that, if it's one thing I miss from the Attitude Era, it's the relationship WWE had with Playboy. So many Divas I'd like to see in states of undress. And call me a misogynist if you will, but I admire what those women do in the ring & I'm glad that there's a renewed investment in giving them a chance to shine. However, that doesn't stop me from finding them quite attractive physically; besides, I've dated women whose intelligence & wit & personalities I've admired, and I still appreciated the opportunities I was granted to see their nakedidity. Tl;dr: I won't be shamed.

Who fucking cares who you want to see naked? What is the point of even saying this?

• Like 5

Whenever they pull the trigger on an actual Shield reunion, the crowd that sees it live will lose its collective mind.  Even with the anticipation of a swerve/ Rollins walkout, folks were still giddy about it tonight.

That Sally Jessy Raphael crack by Paige--UGH. Does anyone even remember Sally?  I watched her talk show a bit back in the day, and I barely recognized the name for a minute.  I wouldn't be surprised if Paige had no idea who she was.

It'll be interesting to see how Orton/Harper factor into Sunday.  Did the Wyatts kidnap Orton?  Where has Rowan been all this time (in storyline terms)?  I smell a turn by someone at the show.  I think.

Sweet tap-dancing Jesus! I barely remembered SJR and I'm 58. What do we get next week, references to Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder?

I dunno, Dick Cavett was pretty awesome in Elm Street 3.

The only people in England who know who Sally Jesse Raphael is are obsessive Faster Pussycat fans. And there's an outside chance one of Paige's parents might have been, but probably not.

We did actually get Oprah, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams on our tellies for a while though.

We got Sally, too. And Donahue.

I take it that Rowan has been at the Wyatt compound being reprogrammed. 

• Like 1

One thing about the NXT women getting called up: it's put a stop to the absurd notion that Nikki Bella is good at wrestling

But.  Dat.  Ass.  Tho.

And her finisher's the "Rack Attack" and she has a giant rack.

She has a nice forearm/elbow shot. In another era she could have the Lex Luger loaded forearm gimmick for it.

This could lead to an amusing skit where Nikki is gone for a few weeks and Brie says "Nikki left for augmentation surgery" and then they say she's got a steel plate in her forearm.

She needs to also become extremely patriotic; riding a red, white, and blue bus across the country.

I mean, she does get plowed by the US champion. It practically writes itself.

• Like 1

I like to think he was out in the world looking for new recruits. Rowan is the Wyatt Family's EVP of Talent Relations.  

I like to think he was out in the world looking for new recruits. Rowan is the Wyatt Family's EVP of Talent Relations.  

Rowan recruited Baguette Steampipe. 

2) I admit that, if it's one thing I miss from the Attitude Era, it's the relationship WWE had with Playboy. So many Divas I'd like to see in states of undress. And call me a misogynist if you will, but I admire what those women do in the ring & I'm glad that there's a renewed investment in giving them a chance to shine. However, that doesn't stop me from finding them quite attractive physically; besides, I've dated women whose intelligence & wit & personalities I've admired, and I still appreciated the opportunities I was granted to see their nakedidity. Tl;dr: I won't be shamed.

Who fucking cares who you want to see naked? What is the point of even saying this?

50% of your posts are telling others what they should be posting.

• Like 8

Rowan recruited Baguette Steampipe.

Hey look at my face, you like this sheep mask? Look in your closet, there's one for you. Don't like it? Neither do I! ...Get the hell out of here! Ever see a guy say goodbye to a mask?

• Like 3

For those who care, Orton was scratched due to dislocating his shoulder again.

That shouldn't make me as happy as it does but here we are

It's the perfect time for the retun of RNN updates. 

ORTON: VERY THANKFUL

• Like 1

Found this fairly amusing, as reporting on Observer site:

We got several reports from Raw last night about an incident where they were panning the camera around the building during the commercial break so that everyone could show off the signs they brought to the show.  Someone held up a giant sign that read, "WRESTLEMANIA 32", and as soon as the camera focused on it he turned it over and on the other side it read, "THREE HOURS SUCK".  The camera quickly panned away.

And I think I saw that sign in the crowd last night if it's the one I'm thinking of.  Will have to re-watch it.

As for the show itself, considering they had these legends come out a whole lot of nothing happened.  Sure, Owens/Henry was fun as was the main.  Heck, the opening 6-man tag was fun too (brutal offense from the Dudleys)  But they really could have used the legends better, at least those like UT, Stone Cold and HBK were in Texas anyway.

RAW is so stale. I wish they would change everything up. Visuals, commentary, everything. Go back to doing a Nitro-style set. Move the Titantron somewhere different in the arena or make it multiple screens all banded together instead of one big complete screen, like the board for the New Press Your Luck from a few years ago. Dump Cole, dump JBL. Stop micromanaging EVERY damn thing the commentators say. Dump the scripted promos. Stop making everyone wrestle to the hard camera. Stop shaking the camera to simulate impact. Maybe use some things like that sky camera/over the corner camera that WCW used on the first Souled Out. Change the color of the ring ropes. Use the video boards around the ring in an interesting way. Modify WWE style to allow for different regional styles to shine through. Allow secondary finishers to finish matches in order to increase the unpredictability of match finishes. Try more finishes besides "clean/DQ/countout," maybe the occasional draw, KO, or ref stoppage. Start shows with competitive matches that don't advance storylines. Start shows in media res occasionally, as Nitro once did. Use rankings to organize possible contenders; don't be a slave to them, but the WWE Top 25 rankings on WWE.com should be shown from week to week. Do more "from the control center" type summations for upcoming shows like NXT has started to do again. Do more random tournaments like KotR or hell, do a G1-style tournament. Again, NXT did the Dusty Rhodes Memorial Tag Team Classic, and it was an awesome switch-up. Actually have things happen on Superstars or Main Event that are referenced on RAW, but that you must get the Network to see in full, and vice versa. Don't make every entrance song either a shitty nu-metal or questionable CFO$ song and actually get some variety because people listen to rap and even country too, damn. 

Or they could go nuts and do some crazy shit like that WCW: Lockdown idea that I read about so many years ago, which honestly, I am intrigued by even though I know that it's not a good idea. That might actually solve all their problems! (No, it wouldn't.)

• Like 4

Found this fairly amusing, as reporting on Observer site:

We got several reports from Raw last night about an incident where they were panning the camera around the building during the commercial break so that everyone could show off the signs they brought to the show.  Someone held up a giant sign that read, "WRESTLEMANIA 32", and as soon as the camera focused on it he turned it over and on the other side it read, "THREE HOURS SUCK".  The camera quickly panned away.

And I think I saw that sign in the crowd last night if it's the one I'm thinking of.  Will have to re-watch it.

As for the show itself, considering they had these legends come out a whole lot of nothing happened.  Sure, Owens/Henry was fun as was the main.  Heck, the opening 6-man tag was fun too (brutal offense from the Dudleys)  But they really could have used the legends better, at least those like UT, Stone Cold and HBK were in Texas anyway.

I was at the show and can confirm this, it got a rather large chuckle out of the audience.

I was thoroughly confused at the crowd chanting USA during that six-man tag match, but Dallas isn't exactly the brightest city in the state.

Also, I'm not sure if it showed up on tv, but the graphic for the main event when the show started featured Harper/Stroman. When the Wyatt's came out, Harper was no where to be found and Rowan was suddenly back (the white sheep mask gave it away.) Did they ever explain on air the switch or why Rowan was suddenly back?

If The Divas were still doing Playboy, Nikki would be on her third cover by now.

The one thing that annoyed me about The Shield mini reunion last night is that they wasted it on that and for nothing. I mean they could have probably gotten a little milage out of real reunion. But nope it's like "Uhhh well SETH GO OUT THERE DAMN IT".

Also wasn't there some reports that Harper got in trouble for the pic Jericho posted with everyone wearing the Harper fanclub shirt? He should have a fanclub. Dude is awesome with his big boots and discus lariats.

• Like 1