DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-19-15

MGFanJay

So we had Austin, Taker, HBK, Flair, AND A SHIELD REUNION and still wound up with a middling show. Rusev was in a match and didn't job, so I guess he's out of the doghouse. Moreover, BARRETT ACTUALLY WON and Owens looked strong. Seth also GOT A WIN against Ryback, and didn't even need to cheat to beat an IC-level guy. Owens vs. Henry was the most fun thing on the show by leaps and bounds - Henry went up high for the powerbomb, which was amazing, and these guys need to just feud forever.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-raw-10-19-15.html

Screens - 

LOLDeadmanLOL
d43dc9441744833.jpg 

Hatewatching

b2c6ff441746254.jpg 

Team P, T, and A
19f0de441753070.jpg

7ef540441753072.jpg

48f0a9441753074.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/fuz2isriwtp4hgrleat8604g26jypja5

You know all they had to do was have, say, Bray slap Seth in the face or something,rekindle his competitive fire, tease a reawakening of the old Shield chemistry. It would've done wonders for rebuilding Seth's character. So of course they chickenshit him out again instead... 

I watched the Canadian elections tonight, and they were entertaining, but I don't know if it was worth not seeing Owens/Henry. I mean, if they hyped that match, I would have actually watched RAW live for the first time in a long time. 

Whenever they pull the trigger on an actual Shield reunion, the crowd that sees it live will lose its collective mind.  Even with the anticipation of a swerve/ Rollins walkout, folks were still giddy about it tonight.

That Sally Jessy Raphael crack by Paige--UGH. Does anyone even remember Sally?  I watched her talk show a bit back in the day, and I barely recognized the name for a minute.  I wouldn't be surprised if Paige had no idea who she was.

It'll be interesting to see how Orton/Harper factor into Sunday.  Did the Wyatts kidnap Orton?  Where has Rowan been all this time (in storyline terms)?  I smell a turn by someone at the show.  I think.

I only caught the main event once I heard it was Shield/Wyatts. I really liked that match a lot and thought it had some great psychology. I loved the first stand-off that was a call-back to the awesome build for the Elimination Chamber classic. I also loved sleazeball Rollins then calling the shots, only to worm his way out from dealing with Rowan. I loved Dean pinballing around for Brau -- the dude wanted to go 1 on 3 earlier and just threw a ton against this dude who cannot be beat. The kendo stick stuff was awesome. And the end was really great, with Roman going buck wild and doing a sick rope hurdle to the floor. He looked like a total star here.

Seth sliming his way out of the match leaving his teammates to go 2 on 3 against The Wyatts was also a fun callback. He did that in their awesome Raw encounter, but used it to later re-cement their bond. Here, he just did it for self-preservation/cowardice. It's a great plot-point to move on to Roman/Seth after this PPV stretch is over.

Also, good God that Rollins/HBK segment was brutal. I finally gave up watching it after the third hour of then taking and focused on the game for a bit. Christ they are just hanging Rollins out to die giving him a microphone.

I was legitimately shocked that Rollins repeatedly calling for the sound guys to hit his music didn't lead to Sweet Chin Music. I mean, they actually passed up a chance to have a retired 50-year-old lay out Rollins. Maybe that's why everyone was so hopeful about the main event...

• Like 2

That Sally Jessy Raphael crack by Paige--UGH. Does anyone even remember Sally? I watched her talk show a bit back in the day, and I barely recognized the name for a minute. I wouldn't be surprised if Paige had no idea who she was.

Paige is a British millennial--at best she thought she was cutting a promo about a Ninja Turtle.

• Like 5

I liked Shawn's segment and also thought for sure Seth was going to get some Sweet Chin Music. solid six man in the middle of the show, now being rematched as the HIAC Preshow. Seemed random for Orton to drop off. Hope Cena gets someone good for the PPV.

Owens/Henry was great. Henry's been a jobber for years, but he built himself up to give Owens a decent rub in 2 minutes.

The main event was fun too. Seth was hilarious and Dean reacted perfectly. I actually thought the chickenshit gimmick worked here, even if it's been done to death with Rollins. First it actually got the right heat since it was something people wanted to see, and second, there's no reason to do anything actually resembling a real Shield reunion right now. That's a money moment down the road, but it makes no sense for any of their characters right now.

Also liked the absurdity of Dean Ambrose chatting with Finlay and Malenko on his way into the arena.

It would really be nice to have some non-Bella women segments. Sasha needs to practice her hot tag, although Nikki botching the first hit didn't do her any favors. Also, it just feels so wrong to see Sasha doing her entrance routine to something other than Sky's The Limit.

It was kind of weird to have a go-home show with so many people in ppv matches MIA (Kane, Harper, Orton).

The problem with this version of Shield/Wyatts is that you've replaced the best worker in that match worth the worst in this one, and heel Seth < babyface Seth.

One thing about the NXT women getting called up: it's put a stop to the absurd notion that Nikki Bella is good at wrestling

Why the hell did Shawn eat that kid's food? I know he dresses like he's homeless, but I thought he had money saved up?

Nothing like a USA chant during a six man match where the only American is standing in the apron.

Henry's bully line was #2. #1 was "When you're a unicorn, you can pretty much do what you want."