DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: BARON VON RASCHKE

RIPPA

Crowd riot? Okay I gotta see this.

Haha someone just pitched a chair at Hawk's head at the end there, and being Hawk, he totally no-sold it. I don't know WHAT Precious Paul was thinking about with that wardrobe.

The Big Cat! 

Dammit, Dean beat me to the pizza commercial.

EDIT: Hey, him and Bock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rS4PRKG6W8

Crowd riot? Okay I gotta see this.

Haha someone just pitched a chair at Hawk's head at the end there, and being Hawk, he totally no-sold it. I don't know WHAT Precious Paul was thinking about with that wardrobe.

There's nothing more 80's pro wrestling than Baron Von Raschke goosestepping around the ring to wild cheers from the crowd.

Hey Larry, I know you want to beat up the Roadies but your son is kinda bleeding out over there in the ropes... no, going to celebrate a bit before helping him? OK then...

His work with the chair was sub-Lance Storm, too. C'mon you old stiff bastard, light 'em up! 

That pop for the Claw was great. Everyone just stood up. The crowd in the other tag I posted was just as hot. Pretty much any organization in the world would love to have that these days.

75 is ancient for a pro wrestler. . .good for him.

Yeah, but something tells me the only juicing he's ever done is making apple juice with the power of the mighty iron claw~!

Wrestling needs more personalities like him. Dunno if it needs to be all personalities like him, but there definitely needs to be more dudes with awesome, funny gimmicks.

Always love seeing him work before he torched his shoulder in the late 70s. People don't realize he was a legit wrestler (alternate at the Rome Olympics IIRC) and could totally go for real.

Apparently he is just one hell of a nice old guy. A buddy of mine has a summer place up past Bemidji, MN and the Baron is his next door neighbor. He sets up a lemonade and sandwich stand with wrestling memorabilia and will just sit there and shoot the breeze with folk. My pal is the County Medical Examiner, I have to imagine that he and the Baron have some fascinating conversations.

• Like 2

The Baron and Paul Jones still remain one of my favorite tag-teams.   I miss the no frills asswhoopins of the 1970's.

OH WAIT, I CAN RELIVE THOSE DAYS IN THE 70'S WRASSLIN THREAD~!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...