DVDVR Message Board

THE 2015 NLCS - CHICAGO @ NEW YORK

Dolfan in NYC

The good thing about this series is that regardless of who wins it we will have a feelgood story in the World Series.

Well, a feel good story and a feel REALLY good story.

"GO DOWN TO THE BODEGA AND GET ME A PACK OF SMOKES, YOU WORM!" "Yes, honey dove..."

Craig!  You said you sold a few tickets for 500 a pop last week.  What was the face value price?

My dad just won the raffle to be able to buy tickets for Tuesday/Wednesday at face value.  I'm trying to convince him to buy a pair for each game and sell the Wednesday tickets.  Trying to get an idea of what we would be spending at face value.

Face value was $80 each for the bleachers. Seats are basically priced at what a regular season platinum level game would be priced at, with some differences here and there, if that means anything to you. I'm guessing face value will be a little higher this time around, but we'll find out in a couple hours. Also, I want to note that Stub Hub takes a rather large cut of how much tickets sell for.

Regardless, I came out way ahead and didn't pay a dime. I had hope to make more, but we essentially went to the game for free.

I'm torn this time around. I may invite my brother and sister-in-law if I get 4 bleacher seats again since my brother is a big reason why I grew up a Cubs fan. They'll be paying for their tickets, driving us and paying for all of our drinks, so theoretically, with the money still left over from the previous sale, I won't be paying anything for this game either.

By the way...2 beers, 2 pretzels, a hot dog and a brat...$40. I forgot they're the shitty super pretzels too, and not something good like a Ben's pretzel. So that sucked. But again, my buddy let us park in his spot for free on Newport, which is about 5 minutes from the park, so I can't complain that much.

OH! And don't do what I did. Dammit. I didn't realize you could have some of your tickets mailed to you and the rest you can sell on Stub Hub. I thought they all had to be virtual tickets. Have them mail you the ticket so you get the cool souvenir ticket, that for some reason still isn't as fancy as Notre Dame's football tickets, which is printed on plastic/vinyl.

So if I had any hesitation about rooting for the Cubs given my sectarian affiliation, it is now gone:

http://deadspin.com/kyle-schwarber-was-once-a-high-school-show-choir-stud-1736920341

My all manly fantasy team now consists of:

Joe Maddon - manager

Adrian Beltre - locker room judge

T-Shirt Bautista - choreographer

Kyle Schwarber - baritone soloist

Man...

So, I get in there right at 1 pm est on the dot. I select 4 bleacher seats. Boom, right away I get tickets. They were kinda far back so I thought I would throw them back and try again. WHY I DID THIS I DON'T KNOW. So I chose 4 bleacher tickets and boom, again I get 4 tickets to buy. Once again, I threw them back one last time to see if I could get better tickets, WHICH WAS REALLY DUMB.

I had it in my mind that when I bought the NLDS tickets, a similar thing happened, but it took me about 30 minutes to actually be presented with tickets to buy. I just kept clicking and checking that whole time until I got tickets to buy.

Anyway, that third time never came around. Mind you, it's only 1:05 pm at this point. I kept clicking and checking for 45 more minutes. Nothing. The fuck up of all fuck ups. I'm dumb. Really dumb.

Will be at game 1. Sold game 2 for $230 on StubHub so I've sold 2 tickets for a combined $400 so I've basically paid for the first two rounds already. Really want to go to a World Series game as that was the one thing I never got to do with my dad (we came so close in 1988) and it's my personal sports holy grail.

Man...

So, I get in there right at 1 pm est on the dot. I select 4 bleacher seats. Boom, right away I get tickets. They were kinda far back so I thought I would throw them back and try again. WHY I DID THIS I DON'T KNOW. So I chose 4 bleacher tickets and boom, again I get 4 tickets to buy. Once again, I threw them back one last time to see if I could get better tickets, WHICH WAS REALLY DUMB.

I had it in my mind that when I bought the NLDS tickets, a similar thing happened, but it took me about 30 minutes to actually be presented with tickets to buy. I just kept clicking and checking that whole time until I got tickets to buy.

Anyway, that third time never came around. Mind you, it's only 1:05 pm at this point. I kept clicking and checking for 45 more minutes. Nothing. The fuck up of all fuck ups. I'm dumb. Really dumb.

#TheViewIsBetterOnTV

Man...

That sucks, bud.  The whole process was chaos.  My dad spent about 30-45 minutes refreshing before anything became available.  At one point he switched from 4 to 2 and we were able to grab tickets around 12:45.  Looks like we will be paying our own way considering the plan was to buy 2 sell 2, but I can't complain.  

Tuesday will be my first game at Wrigley in years and I'm really happy I get to go with my dad.  He is 66 and has been a die hard fan his entire life.  I would love a World Series win, but more than anything I want it for him.  

• Like 1

Granderson grew up an Atlanta Braves fan in Chicago because Cubs games would preempt Saved By The Bell.

So, it's sorta like Wrestling fans from the South that became Cubs fans instead of the Braves because the Braves preempted Saturday Night.

Go a generation further back and replace Saved by the Bell with Scooby Doo and 12-year-old me was like "FUCK THE FUCKING CUBS!"