DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: JOEY MAGGS

RIPPA

Today is the 9th anniversary of Joey Maggs death. And I remember the big mystery (even to some to this day) over the cause of death. I'm pretty sure you could just go "Cause of Death - Professional Wrestling"

God Bless you Tim for uploading the weirdest things

I'm pretty sure you can call that second match "Cause of Death - Stan Hansen". Then he is clearly too afraid to even try to work with THE MONSTER MENG. Brain: "Get the stretcher." 

Well, that led me to watching this mutilation. Watch as Hansen bites the poor dude then actually spits his chew at him. He also appears to yell "VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE!" like some deranged maniac.

It was a case of "Joey Maggs died? Oh yeah, I think I remember that... vaguely"

I honestly can't think of a memorable Joey Maggs match save for his World Wide match with Sid.

Didn't he kind of do a "I'm really Italian" gimmick and change his name at one point?

I mean years before the FBI

James

It was a good idea to put Maggs with Rotten for that match, as both were Baltimore guys and likely worked each other before.

Axl Rotten worked at the video store I went to a lot as a kid.  I also used to see him waiting for the bus when I walked to grade school.  Sorry to get into "cool story bro" territory.