DVDVR Message Board

THE 2015 ALCS - TORONTO @ KANSAS CITY

Dolfan in NYC

On the FS1 coverage down here they just did a feature with Don Cherry talking about what the Jays and baseball mean to Canada, and he did a Bautista bat flip. I have now seen everything. He also made a great point: if it wasn't for the Jays it wouldn't be a World Series.

I can almost guarantee the first pitch of the game is a sinker from Stroman to Escobar. If Alcides can get it to RF, it's a hit. If he pulls it to SS, it's an out. But as long as it's not a double hit by Delino DeShields Jr, it'll be a small victory.

Alcides whiffed on the first pitch. Then hit a sinker to RF that Bautista mangled for a triple. Happy Birthday Joey Bats.

Dude, get the CBC website going. And switch back during commercials. The detailed coverage on the site is fantastic though. All of Atlantic Canada is red! It ain't orange or green but at this point, red ain't half bad.

Goins the Redeemer. 

Dude, get the CBC website going. And switch back during commercials. The detailed coverage on the site is fantastic though. All of Atlantic Canada is red! It ain't orange or green but at this point, red ain't half bad.

Goins the Redeemer. 

Actually have it the other way. Streaming CBCs coverage through my Roku and have mlb.tv on mute on another window on my computer. Still watching, just not the priority right now.

Do it Jays, do it for democracy!

Only checking the game every 15 minutes or so, though, Peter Mansbridge has pretty much all my attention tonight.

DOnt worry election will all but be over before it gets to Manitoba

Things keep going like this, it may be over before it hits Ontario.

• Like 1

Funny stat that came out today.  Of the 4 teams left the Jays had hit the least amount of home runs.  The pitching is tough but if all 9 guys could get on the same hitting page this could be a rollicking series.  The frigging Royals make you work for those outs though and they can single you to death

If we get rid of first-past-the-post, the next election will be a better signifier of where things sit. This is strategic voting 101.

TULO! This is turning out to be a nice night.

Will never happen.  Jays are more likely to make the playoffs again in the next decade

The Conservatives are the only party that wants it in place (for obvious reasons). Trudeau has laid out plans to change it.

True about the lead. Royals are Jason, Michael Myers and Freddy wrapped into one.

If Jack Layton were still alive, I think this would have been a very different election. Not that the NDP would necessarily win, but they wouldn't have had such a major drop. There was such a strong cult of personality around the guy, moreso than even Trudeau.

If Jack Layton were still alive, I think this would have been a very different election. Not that the NDP would necessarily win, but they wouldn't have had such a major drop. There was such a strong cult of personality around the guy, moreso than even Trudeau.

Amazing and the guy couldn't even get voted in as mayor of Toronto.  Donaldson might be able to now

Amazing and the guy couldn't even get voted in as mayor of Toronto.  Donaldson might be able to now

Fair point....although civic politics is a whole different beast. Hell, Winnipeg just came off nearly a decade with a mayor that didn't actually live in Canada. Ugh.

Anyway, baseball!

2-0 is a bigger hole against the Royals, than the Rangers, but getting to Cueto bodes well for the Jays to get this series tied and back to KC.