DVDVR Message Board

THE 2015 ALCS - TORONTO @ KANSAS CITY

Dolfan in NYC

3 thoughts from seeing highlights of Rangers/Blue Jays (I was at Kauffman for the Royals game and didn't see the Blue Jays game):

1) holy shit, that Odor error on the Donaldson play was brutal.

2) Sam Dyson may have found a way to take some of the glare off of how bad Elvis Andrus was in that game. Andrus is only under contract until 2023!

3) Doesn't look like Skydome fans threw more trash than Braves fans in 2012 or WCW fans from every Southern Nitro in 1998. But the fan that threw a bottle from behind the charging Jays after the Bautista HR is a monumental idiot.

So, let's bring it on. One team that had to win back to back road games to survive and another team that was 6 outs away from elimination.

Plus, both fanbases already dislike enough guys on the other team to really make it interesting. It took a game or so for Royals fans to boo Colby Rasmus. But I think Toronto's Big 3 are gonna get booed (Donaldson the most) in KC and the Jays fans are booing the Royals rotation and booing Playoff Hero Alex Rios. It's Stone Cold vs the Hart Foundation.

question: can Toronto bring any lefties aboard in case Loup isn't back by Friday night? Or are we gonna get a series where KC probably using their 2 LH relievers (Duffy/Morales) for situational work and Toronto doesn't have many lefty options to use against Hosmer/Morales/Moustakas?

I guess they could dust off Mark Buehrle. But that seems like an unlikely fit for a relief job.

question: can Toronto bring any lefties aboard in case Loup isn't back by Friday night? Or are we gonna get a series where KC probably using their 2 LH relievers (Duffy/Morales) for situational work and Toronto doesn't have many lefty options to use against Hosmer/Morales/Moustakas?

I guess they could dust off Mark Buehrle. But that seems like an unlikely fit for a relief job.

Their only choices are Buehrle or Jeff Francis.  Or make David Price a full time reliever

My apologies to Jeff Francis' fans, but I really grew to dislike his performances as a Royal in 2011 because he'd give up first inning runs a bunch of times (8.42 ERA in the first inning, 29 earned runs in 31 first innings) and then he'd run off 4 scoreless after putting KC in a hole (4.09 ERA after the first inning). If Francis' numbers in relief are any indicator, he continues to give up runs in his first inning of work.

Pitching matchups

Game 1, Friday Night: Edinson Volquez vs Marco Estrada

Game 2, Saturday Afternoon: Yordano Ventura vs David Price

Game 3, Monday Night: Johnny Cueto vs Marcus Stroman

Game 4, Tuesday: TBD (probably Kris Medlen) vs R.A. Dickey

Chris Young could also start Game 4. But a guy that gives up 55-60% flyballs seems like a bad fit for a game at Toronto.

People shitting on the behavior of the Jays fans need to realize that it's a byproduct of the fact that in Canada they serve real beer, not the watered down stuff they serve here. That's why Canadian crowds are so wild. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

Totonto has no lefties in the bullpen except Loup, so they have no lefties at all.

NO PROBLEM

• Like 1

It's not the NL's fault that its championship series is putting up teams in the 1st and 3rd biggest markets instead of teams from the 31st largest market and a third world country.

I was going to try and think of a joke to respond to this, but if the Conservatives win again on Monday, all bets are off.

Although that wouldn't make us a 3rd world country, that would just make us America.

• Like 2

It's not the NL's fault that its championship series is putting up teams in the 1st and 3rd biggest markets instead of teams from the 31st largest market and a third world country.

Missouri's team is already out.
You do know where Kansas City is located let alone the Truman Sports Complex right?

Also Americas hat is technically a first world country since they where an American/British Allie during the Cold War.

Canada treats hockey as the king of sports it is, has real beer and Tim Hortons. And poutine, can't forget that. Yeah, Canada is pretty great in my book!