DVDVR Message Board

THE 2015 ALCS - TORONTO @ KANSAS CITY

Dolfan in NYC

Ok baseball people explain the point of this pitching change to a position player?

I didn't catch the end of the game but usually it's when a game is completely out of reach and the manager wants to save the arms in the bullpen. I don't think it usually happens in the postseason.
12-2 two out two on top 9

14-2 two out two on top 9

Ok baseball people explain the point of this pitching change to a position player?

I didn't catch the end of the game but usually it's when a game is completely out of reach and the manager wants to save the arms in the bullpen. I don't think it usually happens in the postseason.

@BNHarrington: According to @sportsnet, this is the first time in MLB history a position player has appeared as a pitcher in the postseason.

• Like 1

Toronto had a decent sized bandaid on the relief situation to get into the playoffs but when the 7th inning guy went down and the 9th inning guy got dinged you are stuck with guys that wouldn't be on the team if you had better options.  Hard to find guys that pitch well in that band box.  You can only dumpster dive for bullpen help so much.

Chris Young just did what he needed to do and he never faced the tying run for the entire game.

Considering that the Jays pen was shorthanded (Loup left today due to a family emergency), If Hendriks doesn't eat innings, that could have gotten more out of hand.

Today also was a good day for the belief about knuckleballers not being able to pitch in domes.

Chris Young just did what he needed to do and he never faced the tying run for the entire game.

Considering that the Jays pen was shorthanded (Loup left today due to a family emergency), If Hendriks doesn't eat innings, that could have gotten more out of hand.

Today also was a good day for the belief about knuckleballers not being able to pitch in domes.

Yet not facing the tying run or trailing means you don't get the win because you didn't make 15 outs

You got to get 7 innings out of these 2 starts at least and the bats have to be super hot.  Maybe the Jays will catch a break and the Royals used up all of their offense in games 3 and 4.  Good push back game after yesterdays debacle.  Jays teams of the last 2 years would have just packed their bags after yesterday and gone through the motions

Good on the Jays for not just folding tent. Don't know about winning 2 in KC, but whoever comes out of the AL will have earned it.

Echoing Dewar here, the Jays of the last few years would have said fuck it and let KC take it.