DVDVR Message Board

THE 2015 ALCS - TORONTO @ KANSAS CITY

Dolfan in NYC

Why doesn't Fox do the pitch locater graphic like ESPN and TBS?

They did for the first couple games of the Jays/Rangers series and then they mysteriously stopped. The strike zones were super wonky, so I think they either stopped themselves in order to not show up the umps or MLB told them to.

Sure but it's better then listening to Joe Buck

With both of them you get the terrible strike zone thing AND listening to Joe Buck.
If a player in this series pantomimes mooning the crowd they will become my favorite player ever.

The best strike zone deal was the one with 3D where they showed whether the ball covered the plate at all. That's ESPN's, right? Some of those pitches with a lot of late lateral movement can nick the backside of the plate. 

How long does FOX have the World Series contract for? Joe Buck and Harold Reynolds is a fucking terrible tandem straight from hell. Makes me yearn for Tim McCarver ffs.

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, they have it tied up until 2021. :(

The best strike zone deal was the one with 3D where they showed whether the ball covered the plate at all. That's ESPN's, right? Some of those pitches with a lot of late lateral movement can nick the backside of the plate.

How long does FOX have the World Series contract for? Joe Buck and Harold Reynolds is a fucking terrible tandem straight from hell. Makes me yearn for Tim McCarver ffs.

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, they have it tied up until 2021. :(

I think that tandem is a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Goins fucked up twice in that inning, but it's beyond me as to why Gibbons wasn't getting anyone loose to start the inning. Third time through the order! Playoffs! Three run lead!

Price was only at 66 pitches going into the inning. I'm guessing that was the reasoning.

Goins fucked up twice in that inning, but it's beyond me as to why Gibbons wasn't getting anyone loose to start the inning. Third time through the order! Playoffs! Three run lead!

Price was only at 66 pitches going into the inning. I'm guessing that was the reasoning.

Well I figure thats what happens when the manager trusts Sanchez and Osuna and not much else in the bullpen.  Also gasp they took Price out early he will remember that and not resign in Toronto theme that will play out.  Besides the point he ain't coming back anyway

I looked at Price's 7th inning last night as a "What the hell happened" sort of thing. Only thing that really stood out? Price used his sinker 14 times in that game and 7 times in that 7th inning. His first pitch of the game was a sinker to Escobar (hit into RF), his first pitch of the 7th to Zobrist was a sinker (hit into RF). He gave up 2 more hits on a sinker (to Cain/Gordon) and 2 hits on a lefty-on-lefty changeup (to Hosmer/Moustakas).

Before the ball dropped in-between Goins and Bautista (at least one random guy has claimed that he shouted "I got it!" causing Goins to stop pursuing the ball).. Price pitched as good as you'd want for a stretch of 18 outs. He got almost as many called strikes (15) as balls (17) over a 18 batter stretch and KC didn't see more than 14 pitches in any inning. 

The whole relief thing is also sort of a "lack of lefty relief" thing. That probably isn't helped by Loup's comically bad showing in Game 2 (10 balls, 1 strike, 1 hit into RF) where the only out Loup got was a baserunning fuckup by Cain.

As for Stroman in game 3... it's interesting that he flipped from fourseam to 2-seam upon his return. He has had a really low BABIP on that pitch. I can almost guarantee the first pitch of the game is a sinker from Stroman to Escobar. If Alcides can get it to RF, it's a hit. If he pulls it to SS, it's an out. But as long as it's not a double hit by Delino DeShields Jr, it'll be a small victory.

Stroman's release and body action is way more pronounced, particularly the follow through with his leg.

Hoping the Jays can get something going early to galvanize the crowd. Royals go up early, I could see the fans in Toronto giving up.