DVDVR Message Board

Best Punk Rock (or wahtever) Name

DEAN

First person to post Green Day gets fed to DEAN. The closest things to punk that I even like are things like Fugazi and other bands that came many genre off-shoots later, so that's the best I got. Oh, I owned a few Face to Face albums at one point, that counts.

Best I got, oddly I got into them after hearing the remix of it on the MORTAL KOMBAT ANNIHILATION SOUNDTRACK! Yeah, what a piece of shit movie with a moderately solid soundtrack. I don't apologize for my shitty music tastes as a youth.

Normal

KOMBAT MIX

I'm not sure what genre you'd consider that. Industrial or just some weird remix.

I meant punk rock names like for people- like Dinah Cancer of 45 Grave or Rat Scabies of the damned.  I should write better.

I was joking around with some friends once and we came up with the cheesiest Warped Tour wanna-be dude's name: MATTY ANXIETY of the band ANXIETY '99.

Will always be a a big fan of: "Handsome" Dick Manitboa, Jello Biafra, Joe Queer, Dee Dee Ramone, Stiv Bators, Poly Strynene and, of course, GG Allin.

• Like 1

I meant punk rock names like for people- like Dinah Cancer of 45 Grave or Rat Scabies of the damned.  I should write better.

I opened this thread to post Rat Scabies.  As you have seen to that, I'll go with his bandmate Captain Sensible.

As a wrestling board one of us must mention Sid Vicious, right?

I would be very remiss if I failed to mention Siouxsie Sioux since, yes, I ripped her idea off for my board name. 

I been on a Dictators kick lately and "Sonic Reducer" keeps popping up on the Youtube 70s punk mix and I was just thinking about watchin Hard Core Logo with Ollie and Rob up in Ottawa.  I should try to that  watch that sober now.

EDIT: watchthat that which I watch that that watch thatt that.

I was joking around with some friends once and we came up with the cheesiest Warped Tour wanna-be dude's name: MATTY ANXIETY of the band ANXIETY '99.

Should be ANXIETY '77

EDIT: Well, that's maybe a little more Punk Core Records than Warped Tour

EDIT II: I have to admit having a bit of a soft spot for those kind of shitty, lazy bandnames where so-and-so just have a word from the bandname as the last name. My best friend is Greg Useless from Useless Hero (and a billion other bands) and my punk name is Curt Reject from System Rejects (and a billion other bands). 

HA! I forgot we actually have our own Cliff Hanger on the board. 

Sicky Wifebeater was named that for a reason, so you shouldn't like him and his title at all.

I looked up Sara Bellum and she was the vocalist for an Irish band called Paranoid Visions which, even though I am extremely well referenced in UK anarchopunk/peace punk, have never ever heard of. I'm sure the late Lance Hahn did an MRR article on them that I missed. 

EDIT: apparently they spraypainted "FOAD2U2" all over Dublin in '87. Punk As Fuck

• Like 1

LEE VING

I am eternally ashamed for taking like twenty years to figuring that name out.  It never dawned on me until like 2003.  I am a fool.

• Like 2

HA! I forgot we actually have our own Cliff Hanger on the board. 

Sicky Wifebeater was named that for a reason, so you shouldn't like him and his title at all.

I looked up Sara Bellum and she was the vocalist for an Irish band called Paranoid Visions which, even though I am extremely well referenced in UK anarchopunk/peace punk, have never ever heard of. I'm sure the late Lance Hahn did an MRR article on them that I missed. 

EDIT: apparently they spraypainted "FOAD2U2" all over Dublin in '87. Punk As Fuck

I didn't say that I liked Sicky as a person, the Mentors were contemptible scum. However, in the context of great names, it has to be mentioned.

I read an article the guitar player from the Mentors wrote about their final tour that was about equal to the sleaze thread, only more sad and pathetic. Plus I hate hate hate their music, so I had to say something. 

Let's give another shoutout to the ladies and mention Beki Bondage from Vice Squad! Also, I've always loved the British crust band tendency to short it down to one word -- Boobs from Disorder is a favorite, and I think one of the drummers from Doom was just referred to as Stix haha