DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

I hate when players ask for flags. Every deep pass now the WR wants a flag, every time a QB is hit he finds a referee and motions for a flag. Maybe I am just old but I don't remember ten years ago players doing that. I think Brady started it and now everyone does it.

In Tabe's NFL, asking for a flag is a 10-yard penalty. I'm dead serious about that.
Other rules in my league:

1) Jumping offside stops the play, same as a false start

2) Throwing the ball into the ground on a screen pass is intentional grounding

3) kickoffs (when kicked from normal spot) that go out of the back of the end zone on the fly get spotted at the 35

4) Quarterback hand gestures, neck bobs, and leg raises designed to fake a snap are a false start

5) pick routes will be tightly called as offensive pass interference

6) "half the distance" offsides penalties are an automatic 1st down

7) Offensive pass interference will be more tightly called and will include loss of down as well

8) I'm not sure how to word this but somehow I want to limit yardage on defensive pass interference and eliminate intentionally underthrown passes to try and create PI calls the defense can't possibly prevent

8) DPI is a 15 yrd penalty and automatic 1st down but the ball most be catchable within reason.

8) DPI is a 15 yrd penalty and automatic 1st down but the ball most be catchable within reason.

I could live with that.

I also wouldn't mind fewer defensive penalties being automatic first downs.

I hate when players ask for flags. Every deep pass now the WR wants a flag, every time a QB is hit he finds a referee and motions for a flag. Maybe I am just old but I don't remember ten years ago players doing that. I think Brady started it and now everyone does it.

In Tabe's NFL, asking for a flag is a 10-yard penalty. I'm dead serious about that.
Other rules in my league:

1) Jumping offside stops the play, same as a false start

2) Throwing the ball into the ground on a screen pass is intentional grounding

3) kickoffs (when kicked from normal spot) that go out of the back of the end zone on the fly get spotted at the 35

4) Quarterback hand gestures, neck bobs, and leg raises designed to fake a snap are a false start

5) pick routes will be tightly called as offensive pass interference

6) "half the distance" offsides penalties are an automatic 1st down

7) Offensive pass interference will be more tightly called and will include loss of down as well

8) I'm not sure how to word this but somehow I want to limit yardage on defensive pass interference and eliminate intentionally underthrown passes to try and create PI calls the defense can't possibly prevent

Refs cant call the rules they got dont sandbag them with that load of fuckery

I'm mixed on pass interference. On one hand, it's absurd when you see the "he didn't touch him!" replay yet the team gets 35 yards and a first down.

On the other hand, the college rules basically makes tackling a guy who has half a step before the ball gets there the smart play, if it means you only give up 15 instead of, say, 45. I'd almost want to see two versions of the rule, with one having something like the NBA "clear path" rule. But I don't trust the NFL refs to call it even close to correctly.

• Like 2

I want the Pats to get beat and shut up them and their whiny fans SO bad. . . 

The Bills keep getting beat and it hasnt shut you up yet

True, but the Bills don't spend all week saying how they are going to run up the score for some "revenge" that is pretty hollow considering they won the damn Super Bowl. . . .

True, but the Bills don't spend all week saying how they are going to run up the score for some "revenge" that is pretty hollow considering they won the damn Super Bowl. . . .

The Pats said squat. There's a lot of fans, but the Pats know better than to give the other team bulletin board material.

The Pats said squat. There's a lot of fans, but the Pats know better than to give the other team bulletin board material.

Exactly. They repeatedly refused to be drawn into any nonsense.

Exactly. They repeatedly refused to be drawn into any nonsense.

I didn't say that nonsense and neither did anyone I know. It was basically the media emphasizing the feelings of douchebag fans. We won the Lombardi and Brady's suspension was vacated, we got all the revenge we needed.

Looking back at ESPN, you guys are right. All the stupid stories were not by them, although the one by Tom Brady's dad was closest. I retract my comment, and just want them to lose as a division "rival"(in quotes because I am well aware of the Bills W-L record). . . .