DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-12-15

MGFanJay

OOOOH and has there been any mention of Cena pulling up mid-match to call out the marriage proposal in the crowd, FUCK YOU YOUNG COUPLE FOR RUINING A FIVE STAR EPIC I HOPE IT ENDS IN DIVORCE!

Damien Sandow of a few years ago would have used that to convince the crowd that, see, even you Chicago neckbeards can find love in the WWE Universe.

I hope this does not offend anyone. But fuck engaged people. Until the wedding you're just dating.

• Like 1

Engaged people can be very annoying...especially if the wedding is years out. There was this girl I knew on FB (friend of a friend) who counting the days till her wedding from like 2 and a half years out. "Only 530 some days left till we're Mr and Mrs". Finally the wedding happened and I was like Thank God that's over. The problem with the "reality era" is the WWE wants to create reality inside the world of kayfabe. They love it when they get on TMZ, but if someone gets on TMZ without them...well that's just not gonna fly.

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

Ric Flair did dozens, if not hundreds, of jobs in tag matches and non-title matches during his time as the "touring champion" from 1983-1986.  

Please try to remember you're watching a "sports entertainment" promotion marketed primarily towards kids, not mid-90's All Japan Pro Wrestling or Ring of Honor.

The 9-year old kids who go to WWE house shows don't care about the "integrity" of the WWE World Champion.  They just wanna see Cena or Reigns beat Seth Rollins and humiliate him.

I think Ryback's pink breast cancer singlet was my favorite part.  Da Big Guy doubles well as Da Big Billboard, he's got the back for it.  I felt like they could have done more than "Feed The Cure" though.  Maybe "Eat More Cancer" or "Feed Me Cancer".  Ryback wishes he could eat your cancer when you turn black.

Also, Kevin Owens making Kalisto go splat on that powerbomb...yikes!

Like Seinfeld, a Nirvana reference earns an automatic like.

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

Ric Flair did dozens, if not hundreds, of jobs in tag matches and non-title matches during his time as the "touring champion" from 1983-1986.  

Please try to remember you're watching a "sports entertainment" promotion marketed primarily towards kids, not mid-90's All Japan Pro Wrestling or Ring of Honor.

The 9-year old kids who go to WWE house shows don't care about the "integrity" of the WWE World Champion.  They just wanna see Cena or Reigns beat Seth Rollins and humiliate him.

House shows and TV are apples and oranges.

Also keep in mind that same kid will have much less of a reaction to Rollins losing at a house show if he has seen it on TV 9 weeks in a row. I think in the case of a 9 year old wins and losses matter more, and how they happen matter less.

Edit to add: Thinking 9 year olds don't care about the "integrity" of the belt is exactly the thought process put into WWE programming. If you made it so, The 9 year old would put that integrity above all else.

I agree. Rollins jobbing out on house shows is 'fine', but it shouldn't happen on TV in the frequency that it currently is. House shows, for the most part, are not part of WWE canon and because of this I don't mind whacky, stupid, and overall silly shit happening there. The TV product should be solid and position the champions as top-notch. A win over Rollins on Raw and/or Smackdown would mean a lot more if he wasn't eating falls every week on national TV. A pin on the WHC (and any champion) should create intrigue, but as it is right now its just more-or-less people trading wins, treading water, and getting mostly fluke victories. Less is more. WWE has such a big roster that the champion should be the last one eating pin falls on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Never really bought Seth as a main eventer.  Before the heel turn, given his slim build and greasy hair/beard, I always viewed him as a guy who was destined to spend a few years as a comedy geek with Sandow, Torito, and Heath Slater before being future endeavored.

The "motion capture suit" tights haven't helped since the heel turn.

When they put the belt on him, I just assumed it would be for one month or so to build up to Brock killing him dead with a dozen F5's face first into a chair before the mercy pin and reclaiming the title.

It's not his fault that MNF and awful booking have led to low ratings, but Seth certainly hasn't been part of the solution.  They really need to end this experiment and get the belt off of him ASAP.  Have Brock beat Sheamus in a match for the MITB briefcase and then immediately cash it in and claim the title back.

--------------

To the other argument, Seth is a chickenshit heel champ.  He's supposed to look as weak as possible, get his ass kicked, and then pull the tights for the cheap pin before running back to the locker room.

Where were all these complaints 13 years ago when Xavier was ROH Champ?

• Like 2

Never really bought Seth as a main eventer.  Before the heel turn, given his slim build and greasy hair/beard, I always viewed him as a guy who was destined to spend a few years as a comedy geek with Sandow, Torito, and Heath Slater before being future endeavored.

When they put the belt on him, I just assumed it would be for one month or so to build up to Brock killing him dead with a dozen F5's face first into a chair before the mercy pin and reclaiming the title.

It's not his fault that MNF and awful booking have led to low ratings, but Seth certainly hasn't been part of the solution.  They really need to end this experiment and get the belt off of him ASAP.  Have Brock beat Sheamus in a match for the MITB briefcase and then immediately cash it in and claim the title back.

--------------

To the other argument, Seth is a chickenshit heel champ.  He's supposed to look as weak as possible, get his ass kicked, and then pull the tights for the cheap pin before running back to the locker room.

The real question though, is has Seth's title reign been better than Firefly?

• Like 3

--------------

The real question though, is has Seth's title reign been better than Firefly?

You could put the WWE title on the rotting corpse of Buddy Rogers and it would be better than Firefly.

There's a reason Piper would drop falls every night on House Shows but would never ever drop a fall on TV.

Because he was a fucking lunatic?

Seth's gear is rather goofy.  His kneepads and boots are too wide and bulky, so he looks like Mega Man or some such anime character.

Talk in some rumor circles is that Vince orginally planned for Rollins to be a transitional champion and was going to put the belt on Orton for a few months until they could come up with a long-term solution.  Supposedly, HHH talked Vince into letting Rollins keep the belt, as having him hold it for such a short time would possibly signal Rollins wasn't being invested in as a future major player for the company. I sort of believe it, with the quickness they burned off the Rollins-Orton program and now, they don't really have anyone lined up properly to be WHC other than Sheamus, and only because of the MITB briefcase.

Who knows, really.  But it's obvious they didn't have any decent booking ideas for Rollins other than making him champ in dramatic fashion, and that he needs to drop the belt so he can become a face which better suits his moveset.

Wait

Rusev and Lana are characters. When Neil Patrick Harris came out, the How I Met Your Mother writers didn't have Barney Stinson come out too. Fuck people, wrestlers are just actors. Why do we need to incorporate their personal lives into a story?

Uh no, you don't get wrestling.

I get it but wrestling has rarely incorporated the personal lives of wrestlers. Look at how many sleaze balls have been pushed as heroic good guys.

Also, the fact that Savage and Liz got married on a WWF PPV while their real life marriage was failing.

Don't push this bullshit "you don't understand rasslin" point when I point out that wrestlers (especially WWE wrestlers) are actors playing characters. Lana, a Russian character, is played an American, CJ Perry. They literally have no obvious personal traits in common.