DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-12-15

MGFanJay

Also, Kevin Owens making Kalisto go splat on that powerbomb...yikes!

Watching Kevin Owens sell Kalisto's offense made me appreciate again just how good he is at the little things. For instance, when Kalisto does his handspring Pele kick, Owens doesn't just stand there like a hump and take it. He gets in a ready stance like he's prepared for a frontal assault (eg. Tajiri's handspring back elbow) so that when the kick comes from his top left it catches him off guard. Then he proceeds to make the rana driver/satellite DDT combo look great too.

The only other really good thing about the show was Orton corpsing for a second when New Day brought up The Legacy...

• Like 1

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  12h12 hours ago

Who comes out is totally going to determine if I go to bed or not.

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  12h12 hours ago

GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!

Haha.  I didn't watch the whole show, and at the end I was like "Let me see who Seth's opponent is before I decide to watch MNF".  Demon Kane, click, awesome last quarter of the game.  Thanks Demon Kane for pushing me in the tight direction.  

After cutting a Sasha match a month back and now the Owens match this week, these Hulu 90 minute versions of RAW clearly aren't geared towards me. 

Big E walking behind Big Show doing his choke slam pose thingy on the way out to the lumberjack match was fantastic.

I think Ryback's pink breast cancer singlet was my favorite part. Da Big Guy doubles well as Da Big Billboard, he's got the back for it. I felt like they could have done more than "Feed The Cure" though. Maybe "Eat More Cancer" or "Feed Me Cancer". Ryback wishes he could eat your cancer when you turn black.

Hey, wait! ...

• Like 3

Dolph/Cena was a typical Cena match, and at this point there's nothing I'm more sick of than a typical Cena match. Charlotte eating a pinfall to Brie was just fucking why? What the fuck is the matter with Vince? I can't imagine any random person out of the crowd booking a worse product with this amount of talent. Cesaro and Neville job in two minutes fucking really? I wish most of these people could just go back to NXT.

Sasha/Bayley ironwoman recap, and New Day rocking out to Rollins' theme song were the best parts. Also Summer may get a push for being Vince's proxy and emasculating Ru Ru.

Also in my complaints about this shit on a stick, the announcers keep making this huuuuge deal about Brown Skidmarks not being taken off his feet, only for him to be dropped to his knees (for Reigns' ... ugh ... "Drive By"), then completely waffled over the announce table TO NO DISCERNIBLE REACTION WHATSOEVER. They reacted more to the clothesline on Reigns' second "Drive By" attempt than they did Brown's flippy-dippy-doo over the table.

There, JBL, when Skidmarks was slangin' chairs hither and yon, there was where your pet "woke up a sleeping giant" would have at least been somewhat more appropriate; not for fuckin' Demon Kane, who's been awake for a fucking month already.

They seriously had a Savage-Elizabeth II moment.  

"Whipped little boy"  

Then they wonder why no one on the roster gets over. 

Fuck the rest of this show too.

The Demon/Corporate Kane thing was cute for a couple of weeks. It's getting tedious now since we know there is a 0% chance Rollins loses. 

I despise the new Cena "6th move of death", which entails him kicking out of a finisher only to immediately hit an AA for the win. Thank god he's gone for the rest of the year.

2/3 of the Shield vs the Wyatts has become FF material on my DVR.  I never thought I'd say that. Roman needs to never speak on a mic again, he's sub-Bellas. 

Speaking of which... The Sasha jealousy angle is just such pathetic lazy writing.  We *LITERALLY* are in the middle of another jealousy angle, is there no other emotion women can feel other than jealousy?  

NO ONE is sub-Brie Bella on the mic.  I've never had an opinion on her voice/tone really, but good night!  Was it awful during the WE WANT SASHA chants.

Team B.A.D. is the only one that has chemistry.  Alicia is just the lame friend tagging along with the bratty queen bee twins, and PCB never clicked.

Though if Summer isn't busy, she and her NXT buddy can be pals again.

Of course, you can look at the entire Sasha jealousy angle as Team Bella trying to start shit rather than Team BAD actually having feelings of jealousy. Paige actually was a jealous irrational crazy woman and that destroyed PCB. The Bellas obviously saw how well that worked out, so they're trying to force it happening again. Team BAD doesn't seem to be falling for it, but the Bellas are trying to drive a wedge between them since they've noticed the Sasha chants.  

it's like...Paige going mental on PCB was something completely organic and just happened on its own. Kinda like Daniel Bryan. But now the Bellas are trying to Roman Reigns a break up between Team BAD.

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

Also, chickenshit heel World champ works if you've got a veteran guy like Jarrett who's trying to extend his career, or a guy like Flair with an established reputation as a world class wrestler. Putting a young, super athletic World champ with a decade or more as a top level guy ahead of him in that role makes no sense; you're immediately introducing him into the main event as a guy who doesn't deserve it.

Of course, you can look at the entire Sasha jealousy angle as Team Bella trying to start shit rather than Team BAD actually having feelings of jealousy. Paige actually was a jealous irrational crazy woman and that destroyed PCB. The Bellas obviously saw how well that worked out, so they're trying to force it happening again. Team BAD doesn't seem to be falling for it, but the Bellas are trying to drive a wedge between them since they've noticed the Sasha chants.  

it's like...Paige going mental on PCB was something completely organic and just happened on its own. Kinda like Daniel Bryan. But now the Bellas are trying to Roman Reigns a break up between Team BAD.

Impress people with their fabulous hair?  *sips coffee*

• Like 1

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

I don't even recall Honky ever getting pinned on tv as IC champ. Lots of jobs by DQ/countout but I don't remember him eating any pinfalls on tv.

I don't even recall seeing a singles champion work a non title match back in the 80s unless it was a champ going over in a jobber squash and it was only a billed as a non-title match because no way was Rusty Brooks a contender and giving him a shot devalued the belt.  Rest assured if the champion did work a non title match and lost, or dropped the fall in a tag, it was because they were setting up a serious championship program.  

This Rusev/Lana/Summer shit is the weirdest thing.  So TMZ runs the story on Rusev/Lana getting engaged.  They have the pictures and all that.  On WWE.com Dolph Ziggler does a backstage interview that addresses it.  Then Lana is quoted on the website about it also. 

Fast-forward to RAW and Summer is still with Rusev.  I guess she supposedly hadn't seen the shit on social media. Or Rusev believed that she didn't?  I don't know.  But following the match Summer says oh Rusev you lying piece of shit and slaps him. 

Why did they even acknowledge the real life engagement?  It wasn't necessary.  If they wanted to just put Rusev/Lana back together they could have easily done that tonight or next week and not even address the TMZ story. 

Also, Rusev lost pretty damn quickly to Ryback.  I don't want to say it was a "burial" but I really hope they aren't going to punish him for having a smokin' hot fiancé.

The WWE needs to figure out how they want to handle kayfabe in the always connected age. The "always on" aspect just doesn't work anymore. 

"Cena made every finisher Ziggler used - plus the ones he stole - look as soft as a declawed kitten's swipe at a ball of yarn. If that's the best Dolph can bring to the game when he's expected to step his game up, "steal the show" as it were, he needs to go back to cheerleading and leave his soft ass at home; he doesn't deserve a belt to hold up his pants, much less championship gold." - the lasting impression of Cena's win, courtesy of Cena's kickout-spamming. But that's ok; Dolph's just out there to have fun with the WWE universe.

It's not even about Cena exherting the extra effort, overcoming odds, fighting spirit, etc. It's now "15x world champ slumming it with a secondary belt to show that everyone else's shit is weak." God forbid Cena wins #16; who the fuck takes the title from him? They can't even get the US belt from him; what chance do you have vying for a title he actually gives a shit about?

Plus, plus, and this has been an issue all the way back to the Attitude era ... I've now already seen Rollins/Kane. Why bother with watching it again in 2 weeks?

Because this time, Rollins will once again have some chickenshitty fluke way to barely escape the match with the title intact so we can watch 3 weeks of him gloating and dropping non-title falls to whoever is doing the job at Survivor Series in the neverending cycle of Rollins absolute shit title reign that has been an abysmal failure on all fronts.

I think that's right.

• Like 3

Isn't jealousy pretty much the one driving emotion in professional wrestling? Someone is jealous of another person's professional success and will do anything to get the symbol of being the best. Someone is jealous their tag partner has earned more of a spotlight. Someone is jealous another person is more popular. Someone is jealous of the other person's girlfriend.

That's pretty much every wrestling feud.