DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-12-15

MGFanJay

Very blah show overall. Cena vs. Dolph was legit good, as was some of Corporate Kane's stuff backstage. The whole Rusev/Lana thing was a disaster here. He lost to Ryback in a nothing match and had his balls cut off in a Steph-level verbal beatdown by Summer. Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-raw-10-12-15.html

Screens - 

e1c86e440508653.jpg 

b3e4b2440509486.jpg 

7b9d4a440509490.jpg 

6958e4440510933.jpg  

e491ff440510953.jpg

zdgeoLP.gif

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2yzl95vhrlomdkfwil7q0lhfetd3pjrs

I love that The New Day is so great, they're  basically feuding with everyone: "Send 'em out against Cena!" "But they're still mid-feud with the Dudleyz!" "That's okay...also send them out against Orton/Ambrose!" "But aren't both sides feuding with other teams!" "Doesn't matter, let's get to it!"

• Like 1

Roman Reigns died on his arse tonight, please stop making him narrate his feuds, he isn't cut out for it, some people just don't read well from a script but to his credit did come into his own when he broke it. Poor guy.

I'm solely watching Raw for a dose of Sasha these days and she didn't wrestle again.. glad she got the spotlight atleast with the video package, she is so far above any woman on the roster in terms of popularity it's insane.

Lot's of New Day which is great, but the show is really boring right now.

This Rusev/Lana/Summer shit is the weirdest thing.  So TMZ runs the story on Rusev/Lana getting engaged.  They have the pictures and all that.  On WWE.com Dolph Ziggler does a backstage interview that addresses it.  Then Lana is quoted on the website about it also. 

Fast-forward to RAW and Summer is still with Rusev.  I guess she supposedly hadn't seen the shit on social media. Or Rusev believed that she didn't?  I don't know.  But following the match Summer says oh Rusev you lying piece of shit and slaps him. 

Why did they even acknowledge the real life engagement?  It wasn't necessary.  If they wanted to just put Rusev/Lana back together they could have easily done that tonight or next week and not even address the TMZ story. 

Also, Rusev lost pretty damn quickly to Ryback.  I don't want to say it was a "burial" but I really hope they aren't going to punish him for having a smokin' hot fiancé.

Wait, so Ziggler even tunes the band up now? C'mon, dude.

Kevin Owens is awesome. I could watch him beat up various luchadores every week.

Did WWE really want Lana and Rusev to Kayfabe their relationship? Or are they happy with any "mainstream" press? Seems like a little of both. "Okay, we're in the news, so talk it up...but you're getting wrecked by Ryback tonight."

• Like 1

Loved Cena/Dolph. Awesome match with some very good near falls. Opening tag was good stuff too. Kane was fun throughout. My favorite being when Kane tells HHH that it's him and he goes "I know it's you, Kane, but who is the opponent" CorporateKane/DemonKane rules

• Like 1

I skipped a lot of RAW on account of the baseball games on tonight. What I did see was either really good or really boring. Corporate Kane is just so much fun as a backstage character. If they ever bring back the general managers, Kane would be perfect to run RAW. I really don't want to see Demon Kane in the world title picture. Seth being made to look like a giant chickenshit heel (in a bad way) has ruined his title run. You can either be a good chickenshit where people want to see you get your ass kicked or you can be a bad one and people start feeling sorry for you. That's where Seth is.

Show an awesome video package highliting the Sasha Banks vs. Bayley match. Follow that up by having a match where Naomi sticks Nikki Bella's face in her own ass as a high spot and ends with interference. Have Michael Cole say, "A lot of people think the Bella's twins started the Divas Revolution!" Way to go.

The other women's match also ended with interference, by the way. Revolutionary. Things sure have changed.

• Like 2

Everything I watched exemplified the definition of "shit show."

Ziggler/Cena was ridiculous. Cena gets his win with one fireman's carry after Dolph finisher-spams him. Kickout off a top rope DDT in the first fourth of the match was terrible enough, but then he eats every finisher Dolph has; I didn't get a sense of "dramatic near-fall" from those either, but rather "Cena just catching his breath before decisively kicking out at 2.5 but we'll round it up to the nearest 2.9."

Everything involving the women also involved the Bellas, which was unfortunate ... except the marvelous thud to the floor that Sasha imposed on the one trying the "We want Sasha" chant. And wtf, a Bella can't even start a chant-along without coming off as wooden as that?!! And Paige trying to sell crrrrrrrrazee~! came less well than if she'd tried to sell "stoner chick who didn't time it right before work."

I knew the finish of Rusev/Ryback the minute Cole mentioned the Lana/Ziggler issue prior to Cena/Ziggler. That was a burial; I kept hoping Lana would come out after Summer smacked Ru Ru around & whooped dat trick. Could you imagine the reaction? You could have made Rusev in either direction you'd want to. But why do that, when it's more important to make an example of him for the audacity of having a real life BTS?

Fuck the cameramen! What production fucker *coughkevindunncough* suggested it woukd make great TV to zoom in & out while swinging the camera during the floor brawl in the lumberjack match? To make the unwatchable almost literally nauseating?

And the show ends with the announce team playing Davey Richards and working to get their shit in before it's over for another week. JBL lazily trotted out "Seth has woken up a sleeping giant" for what feels like the hundredth time (even though the shit makes less sense every time he bleats it out) and I seriously wished him physical harm.

Again, I didn't catch some of the early parts of the show, but as good as it might have been, there's no way it overshadowed the gratuitous bad. The best part of the whole show was the Payday commercial, the one that warns of "product nudity;" yeah, there's the censor bar, but you can still see its nuts.

• Like 3

You know, I hate to espouse dumb conspiracy theories, especially with circumstances that can more easily be explained by general incompetence but it kiiiiiiiiiind of seems like someone's decided to just throw the New Day into every third segment to purposely Poochie-fy them until the crowd gets sick of them again. Fortunately, they're pretty much endlessly entertaining, so it ain't working.

• Like 1

You know, I hate to espouse dumb conspiracy theories, especially with circumstances that can more easily be explained by general incompetence but it kiiiiiiiiiind of seems like someone's decided to just throw the New Day into every third segment to purposely Poochie-fy them until the crowd gets sick of them again. Fortunately, they're pretty much endlessly entertaining, so it ain't working.

But it worked wonders to make HHH a hall of famer?

Lana will come back when her wrist is (close to?) healed, and she'll tell Rusev to crush Owens or Sheamus or some other heel.

I don't think it's punishment or whatever... it's not like he was on some killer run before now.

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  12h12 hours ago

Who comes out is totally going to determine if I go to bed or not.

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  12h12 hours ago

GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!

• Like 6

Missed most of the show between the Cubs game and the Mets MOAR BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD game. What I saw looked pretty skippable between poor Reigns dying on the vine and the weirdo Rusev segment booked by Kay Fabian DeMarx. Seeing Rusev now compared to 8 months ago is pretty damn depressing.

Roman Reigns died on his arse tonight, please stop making him narrate his feuds, he isn't cut out for it, some people just don't read well from a script but to his credit did come into his own when he broke it. Poor guy.

I have yet to hear a verbal recapping promo that I liked and that one was overscripted to the hilt to make it worse.  Beginning was OK, thought he handled the what chants well, the middle was awkward, but he pulled it out of the fire in the end.  Overall a borderline average promo, but why have anyone prattle that much about nothing?  And in Chicago, of all places?

At least Reigns can take comfort in not looking like a dumbnut, unlike his former Shield brother.  Rollins is getting stupider by the week.  "Who's going to be my opponent now, wha-a-a-a?"  Yeesh.

I think Ryback's pink breast cancer singlet was my favorite part.  Da Big Guy doubles well as Da Big Billboard, he's got the back for it.  I felt like they could have done more than "Feed The Cure" though.  Maybe "Eat More Cancer" or "Feed Me Cancer".  Ryback wishes he could eat your cancer when you turn black.

Also, Kevin Owens making Kalisto go splat on that powerbomb...yikes!

• Like 7

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

• Like 1

Main event was an ungodly clusterfuck and of course, Seth lost to Kane even with a billion people helping him. 

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

Seth is a chickenshit heel champ, he's supposed to lose non-title matches

Chickenshit heel losing tons of non-title matches can be okay for an IC-Level guy - not the World champ. Jesus, even Honky Tonk did fewer pinfall jobs and he was the IC Champ.

I don't even recall Honky ever getting pinned on tv as IC champ. Lots of jobs by DQ/countout but I don't remember him eating any pinfalls on tv.

No Sasha in-ring.  Complete burial of Rusev for having the audacity to actually propose to the love of his life.  Throwing Reigns vs. Strowman out with no hype on a Raw when they shouldn't have even touched till a PPV.  The World champion jobbing once again.  Everyone sucking up to the town like it's their lifeblood.

Seriously, fuck this show.  Is it Wednesday yet?

• Like 3