DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 7

Pete

I can't figure out the choice of TCU.

Citation

Horned lizards use a wide variety of means to avoid predation. Their coloration generally serves as camouflage. When threatened, their first defense is to remain still to avoid detection. If approached too closely, they generally run in short bursts and stop abruptly to confuse the predator's visual acuity. If this fails, they puff up their bodies to cause them to appear more horned and larger, so that they are more difficult to swallow. At least eight species (P. asioP. cornutumP. coronatumP. ditmarsiP. hernandesiP. orbiculareP. solare, and P. taurus) are also able to squirt an aimed stream of blood from the corners of the eyes for a distance of up to 5 feet (1.5 m).[1][2][3][4] They do this by restricting the blood flow leaving the head, thereby increasing blood pressure and rupturing tiny vessels around the eyelids. This not only confuses predators, but also the blood tastes foul to canine and feline predators. It appears to have no effect against predatory birds. Only three closely related species (P. mcalliiP. modestum, and P. platyrhinos) are certainly known to be unable to squirt blood.[2] To avoid being picked up by the head or neck, a horned lizard ducks or elevates its head and orients its cranial horns straight up, or back. If a predator tries to take it by the body, the lizard drives that side of its body down into the ground so the predator cannot easily get its lower jaw underneath.

So a lot going on..  

Sark was fired at USC and he's entering rehab.

Will Grier has been suspended for a fucking YEAR because he failed a PED test.  Hopefully Treon is up for the challenge. 

Also, Spurrier will be retiring. I'll miss the ol' ball coach.  One of the best ever.

Also, Spurrier will be retiring. I'll miss the ol' ball coach.  One of the best ever.

Never a Gators fan, but I was a huge mark for Spurrier himself.  Really wish he had won another National title or two as a "fuck you" to that redneck dipshit Bobby Bowden and his supporters.

So a lot going on..  

Sark was fired at USC and he's entering rehab.

I will laugh and laugh if he files a discrimination claim, because under the ADA, you cannot fire someone who's in rehab seeking treatment for alcoholism.  

• Like 5

Yeah, on one hand, I like that he recognized the game had passed him by and didn't hang around too long like Bowden or Paterno.

On the other hand, just quitting on your kids midseason reeks of being a sore loser. But that's Spurrier for you.

• Like 1

BTW how mad is Maryland right now?

They dumped their coach midseason to get a start on the coaching carousel, with dollars in their pockets and stars in their eyes, thinking they had a great shot to steal a big name hire early in the process...only for two much better jobs to come open almost immediately.

Now, pretty much every big time hire you could make is going to wait and see how those jobs shake out first.

They dumped their coach midseason to get a start on the coaching carousel, with dollars in their pockets and stars in their eyes, thinking they had a great shot to steal a big name hire early in the process...only for two much better jobs to come open almost immediately.

Now, pretty much every big time hire you could make is going to wait and see how those jobs shake out first.

Plus, you have possibly Tennessee, Texas, and Georgia opening up this year as well.

A loss Thursday could also see a Craigslist posting selling a slightly used, broken down Gus Bus too (which would be very reactionary IMO).

Also (spoilerized for size)

12106920_10103529902758645_4937007644971

• Like 1

Plus, you have possibly Tennessee, Texas, and Georgia opening up this year as well.

Torching Strong after two seasons would be pretty weak sauce after the Oklahoma win, especially considering they could be two special teams mistakes away from sitting pretty at 4-2. Hell, they gave David McWilliams 5 years.

Can we all please remember how the media is handling the ball coach now when that running back at LSU says it's not worth blowing out his knee next season.

Or, how the hell we'd talk about a player showing up to practice and meetings drunk.

Torching Strong after two seasons would be pretty weak sauce after the Oklahoma win, especially considering they could be two special teams mistakes away from sitting pretty at 4-2. Hell, they gave David McWilliams 5 years.

I just said possibly. I still think Strong's fate is on a week to week basis. I hope patience prevails there, as I do think Strong will be a great coach. I've rooted for him to become Auburn's coach during our last two coaching hires. Sadly, it didn't happen either time.

The guy to watch out for at South Carolina is Kirby Smart. That's his most coveted job behind the obvious Top 2 of taking over for Saban at Bama and going home to Georgia. I don't know what SC's interest in him is, but if they don't hire him, it won't be for his lack fo trying. He's probably already had his agent on the phone with them.

What's going to be crazy is when Virginia fires Mike London, and if North Carolina (actually 4-1 right now) collapses down the stretch and they sack Fedora, basically the whole Mid-Atlantic region will be in chaos.

Beamer retiring or finally being forced out at VT would be the cherry on top.