DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: DAMIEN SANDOW

RIPPA

I am not sure there is a bigger person on the WWE roster right now in as deep limbo as Sandow is right now. I mean at least Jack Swagger makes Superstars and Slater gets to be in wacky videos. Fucking Hogan...

Guys! Guy! This Totally Elevated Sandow!

I am not sure there is a bigger person on the WWE roster right now in as deep limbo as Sandow is right now. I mean at least Jack Swagger makes Superstars and Slater gets to be in wacky videos. Fucking Hogan...

There might be one guy...

d4313f3cbbcec59734d94a5e6e7025a0_origina

The Cena match wasn't the problem, and I still look back on it fondly. As usual, it was the lack of followup. It's beyond me that Sandow didn't at least find himself in a triple threat world title match against Cena and Del Rio at Survivor Series. 

Sandow and Axel worked a nothing match against the Ascension at a house show I attended last month. Sandow mugging on the apron got a decent reaction, but it's far from what it was at the beginning of the year. Oh, and the pink tights are back.

I don't think we can forget his time in OVW.   Probably NSFW so I will put spoilers on it:

I couldn't find any Jersey Shore Crew matches but that trio of Nova, Aaron the Idol Stevens, and Danny Inferno was one of the better tandems in OVW history

To be honest, Sandow was better off dropping the Macho Mandow gimmick anyway - it might have been okay doing a double Savage team with Jay Lethal, but the thing with Axel was pretty painful.

I'm hearing Sandow has mostly been doing the 'Intellectual Saviour' gimmick again, though I think he might try and do it as a babyface, like the final Edge faceturn where he said that shit was dumb.