DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: RESPECT

RIPPA

What more can be said about Asuka's debut? Total bad ass. And much credit to Dana Brooke. She performed much better than I expected. Emma's lesson needs to be next lol

I enjoyed the Iron Woman match although not as much as their previous match. I dug that they had counters for some of the spots that worked against them in the last match. Love it when wrestlers are portrayed as smart and "doing their homework". I also love that Sasha is not afraid to go full on bitch by making Izzy cry. Ladies and gentlemen, that's a heel. lol Very enjoyable night. 

BTW - if anyone is curious since they announced it as the 10th Iron Man Match in WWE History. The wiki list

So they thankfully don't count the WCW matches but God is it a little tainted that they counted two different 15 minute matches

Loved pretty much everything about this show.

Dana was in a bad spot as a true newcomer among talented "workers", but she's coming along nicely.

Emma's super hot nowadays.

Already a huge fan of Asuka.

It says something about today's wrestling when the logical conclusion to the tournament came off as a surprise.

Is it me or does Joe have his eyes set on that women's championship? 

He's got the titties for it.

I just had the sound byte of Scott Steiner yelling "He's fat!" pop into my head when I read that, and I'm lucky I'd already finished my tea because it'd be all over the screen now otherwise. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's cause there not gloves, since gloves cover the whole hand not just the fingers. It's like she was trying to steal a pair of gloves but to fit them in her pockets she had to cut off 3/4ths of them.

If that's the case, at least she's getting better at stealing.

• Like 4

Goddamn, if they could bottle this Bailey thing and get it to work on the main roster it would be amazing.  Like a 2 year build for her to win the belt.  It would be huge, but I don't have the faith in the main roster booking team.  It's tough to book Bailey now even in NXT.  She just needs a solid challenger who puts doubt in her mind and the only person who could fill that role right now is Asuka.  Baron really impressed me.  He hung in there.  Best thing they could have done was put him around Rhyno for all these months, and hell yeah....I'm fucking 100% behind Rhyno.  Finn has the potential to be huge.  I hope Tyler gets a shot some day.  Jordan and Gable are going to be great.  So many bright lights in NXT.  I would feel great about the future of wrestling, but the main show fucking sucks and I don;t see that changing any time soon.  

• Like 1

Is it me or does Joe have his eyes set on that women's championship? 

He's got the titties for it.

I just had the sound byte of Scott Steiner yelling "He's fat!" pop into my head when I read that, and I'm lucky I'd already finished my tea because it'd be all over the screen now otherwise. 

Out of likes...

You deserve two for that.

Goddamn, if they could bottle this Bailey thing and get it to work on the main roster it would be amazing.  Like a 2 year build for her to win the belt.  It would be huge, but I don't have the faith in the main roster booking team.  It's tough to book Bailey now even in NXT.  She just needs a solid challenger who puts doubt in her mind and the only person who could fill that role right now is Asuka.  Baron really impressed me.  He hung in there.  Best thing they could have done was put him around Rhyno for all these months, and hell yeah....I'm fucking 100% behind Rhyno.  Finn has the potential to be huge.  I hope Tyler gets a shot some day.  Jordan and Gable are going to be great.  So many bright lights in NXT.  I would feel great about the future of wrestling, but the main show fucking sucks and I don;t see that changing any time soon.  

So long as Vincent K. McMahon is alive, I share your pessimism.

OH! Totally forgot

I really liked how during the pre-show, they used Apollo Crews to put over Asuka

It is so amazing to me that we can watch a something now produced by the WWE that acknowledges people's past (even if it is vaguely)

I understand that the women's match being the headliner/main event was a big deal and all, but I kind of felt like the flowers and the whole locker room being out at the end to applaud them and that whole thing was kind of patronizing to them and a bit over the top.

I get your point, but I think the historical implications of this match allow for an over the top moment. This was two women who had a legit MOTYC, one of the participates is a legit Wrestler of the Year candidate, and they main evented a World Wrestling Entertainment PPV-adjace AND had Vince McMahon ('s secretary using his Twitter handle) tweeting about it. Having the women main event means they've now broken a barrier and it's a journey we all watched in it's infancy on the WWE Network so I get why they did it and made sure it happened on air so everyone involved in the actual Women's Wrestling Revolution could celebrate with Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky and Hunter.

• Like 3

Watching Asuka try and tie up Dana with various armbars made me want an Asuka/Becky I Quit match. I know Asuka still has to kill Emma but I am 100% okay with Asuka coming to RAW on Monday and fighting Becky at the start of the 9PM or 10PM hour

I understand that the women's match being the headliner/main event was a big deal and all, but I kind of felt like the flowers and the whole locker room being out at the end to applaud them and that whole thing was kind of patronizing to them and a bit over the top.

I get your point, but I think the historical implications of this match allow for an over the top moment. This was two women who had a legit MOTYC, one of the participates is a legit Wrestler of the Year candidate, and they main evented a World Wrestling Entertainment PPV-adjace AND had Vince McMahon ('s secretary using his Twitter handle) tweeting about it. Having the women main event means they've now broken a barrier and it's a journey we all watched in it's infancy on the WWE Network so I get why they did it and made sure it happened on air so everyone involved in the actual Women's Wrestling Revolution could celebrate with Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky and Hunter.

DAMMIT! Out of likes. I owe you one.

I do not know if anyone else will go along with this, but Breeze/Crews might be your under 10 minute match of the year.

That match was tremendous. Breeze brought intensity and fire that we have yet to see him bring and did a great job of heeling it up in spots.

I really shut off the wrestling critic part of my brain and just loved every minute of this show. It may be my favorite show of the year, honestly.

This this this this this.

I know some people are bitching (not much here, mind), but those two did something that has never been done, pretty much in the industry.  Let them have the "Hey, you two broke down the wall" moment.

As Meltzer described it

This really felt very close to, from an post-match atmosphere and setting, like a G-1 final or Arena Mexico Anniversary match.

So honestly - you can just look at it as "special event feel"

After watching the Asuka/Dana Brooke/Emma backstage video, I would hate to be the wrestler in the back trying to date her.   Not because she isn't attractive but man if you mess with her it is clear she is going to treat you like Ryhno treats a potted plant when angry.

Also, yeah, the WWE has something HUGE with Bayley if done right.  My 7 year old girl, who doesn't watch wrestling, came home from Gymnastics last night as the entrances started.  After watching Bayley's, she became immediatlly hooked and in love and demanded I tape it so she can watch it later (I wouldn't let her stay up because, of course, I knew it was going 30).  Yeah, they really got something there.

OH! Totally forgot

I really liked how during the pre-show, they used Apollo Crews to put over Asuka

It is so amazing to me that we can watch a something now produced by the WWE that acknowledges people's past (even if it is vaguely)

They were doing the "guy not looking into the camera when talking" bit with Crews that was really creepy.  hell I am not even sure he was looking at Dana and Emma when talking to them.  Just kind of staring into space smiling creepily.

It is interesting that the ref for the match is the one who seems to be involved in the Eva Marie storyline.   Had no impact on the match

Also, yeah, the WWE has something HUGE with Bayley if done right.  My 7 year old girl, who doesn't watch wrestling, came home from Gymnastics last night as the entrances started.  After watching Bayley's, she became immediatlly hooked and in love and demanded I tape it so she can watch it later (I wouldn't let her stay up because, of course, I knew it was going 30).  Yeah, they really got something there.

My 10 year old daughter is a TOTAL fan, not only of Bayley's but of all of the NXT women. The NXT women's wrestling philosophy works both from an entertainment standpoint and from a marketing standpoint.

Meanwhile, my oldest (a 15 year old daughter) has been using the lingo, heel, face, etc. for awhile but is REALLY enjoying NXT too.

No one in the house watches Raw. Take that for what it is.