DVDVR Message Board

You can use party chat if you want.  Having 19 other people squawk at you would be terrible.

We get it, you don't like the game, quit shitting up yet another thread.

YEAH!

Back to the game, will there be classes, or does it come down buying cards and building your own load out? I was really hoping for classes, particularly a medic class.

Medic classes are the best.

• Like 1

Disappointingly, no classes or squads. And I don't really like how you can't choose where you spawn like you can in other BF games. While it's very influenced by Battlefield, it's certainly not a Battlefield game. I still think it'll be a really good, enjoyable game but the demo did leave me wanting in a few areas.

This Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion is seriously making me consider buying a new tower.

I was thinking about it, especially with the Faction Change option (which I wish they would put in WoW), but the game could just not hold me and I got bored by level 30 no matter what I rolled.  Although Amazon has an amazing deal for $40 right now on it, which nets you all expansions, 2700 coins, and 90 days sub.    I've toyed, but I'm not sure I want to run 2 MMO's right now.

• 2 weeks later...

The changes to play for Old Republic with streamlining missions along with the overhaul of companions (all the companions can do all roles) basically put the game into Easy Mode.

• 3 weeks later...

My preorder for Battlefront didn't go through and I don't think I'll be picking up the game for a while so my preorder bonus is up for grabs

Your recent Pre-Order of Star Wars: Battlefront qualifies you to receive Early Access to the Battle of Jakku!

Your unique code:

TAPH-GLN6-FGQK

I think I'm going to pass on Battlefront. I thought the beta was really thin and judging from videos of the final version of the game, it's just as thin, which is disappointing. It feels like a giant cash-in, which shouldn't be surprising, but they had a real opportunity to make something special and instead it's a class-less game where you'll quickly unlock everything and have giant sandboxes to play in where you access vehicles...in a random manner via a floating power-up thing. :/

Initially I hated the random power-ups for heroes and vehicles but is it any worse than guys neglecting playing the actual game and just camping at the home base to get a tank/helicopter like in Battlefield games?

No classes is definitely a sticking point though. I have no idea what they were thinking with that. It's fuckin' Star Wars! Even the created universe has differentiated classes.

storm-troopers-poster.png

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Chapter 16 of "Fallen Empire" delayed until May, then the game goes on hiatus until the Fall when the next "season" called Knights of the Eternal Throne goes online.

It's coming out August 11th. And the "hiatus" is just a break from new content.