DVDVR Message Board

NHL - 2015/16 - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

It's idiotic that they haven't already. I know that NHL guys claim there's a loss of peripheral vision or whatever but, to me, that seems like a much lesser concern than blocking a Zdeno Chara slapshot with your cheekbone or something.

Oh you know, 7-5 Oilers over the Rangers, Lundqvist chased, Korpikoski hat trick exactly like everyone predicted.

The Sather ceremony was really nice too. Loved that they came up with a unique way to do it having Sather start up in his old chair upstairs and then come down to the ice. Haven't seen that before.

Besides Crosby and Malkin the Pens roster is a dumpster fire so fire the coach when they fail. I'm not saying Johnston is Al Arbour but I think the people who assembled this team are the real source of the problem here.

Nah, this one's not on Phil, it's on Sid and Geno. They had zero respect for Johnston from the minute he stepped foot in Pittsburgh. Not saying he's a good coach - he's a career minor league jabroni after all - but they basically dictated their line mates and did their own thing to where I don't think he had much control from the get-go. Sid wanted him gone since they got bounced last year and I guess he finally got his way. I love Sid and he's a brilliant player who no doubt saved hockey in this city but he's definitely turning into something of a problem child.

The Hockey News is complete, utter trash.

Crosby's slump now remind's me of Ovechkin's a couple years ago where people started saying outright crazy things about him being finished. Like when Jeremy Roenick (great bastion of wisdom) said he'd trade Ovechkin away for Rick Nash. The difference is Sid's concussion history but even then he's been in the clear for a while now. If it carries on for a whole year I'll start to worry, but right now it's just a similar kind of funk, to me.

• Like 1

I haven't heard that about Sid but his decline is clearly because Duper retired and Kunitz has fallen off a cliff. I don't understand the nuances of hockey enough to explain it but he just doesn't know how to play with certain guys. Kessel was brought here for him but they sucked together so they put him with Geno and that clicked. You non Pens fans kinda saw what we've gone through at the Olympics where his line didn't do shit. He couldn't play with Neal, couldn't play with Iginla, now Kessel. It boggles the mind.

The Oilers are in a playoff spot.

I sure hope Sportsnet talks them into trading a former first round draft pick (that they probably ruined) for a #4 defenseman from the eastern conference soon.

Philly has a lot of dmen on contracts expiring this year or next.  We would be more than happy to trade a dman like Streit, Schenn, Schultz, Gudas, or Manning.  

Please.  Pretty please.

We really want Ghost to stay.

We would be willing to throw Vinny in for nothing if he is willing to leave.  (I cannot wait until he is off our team.)

I had a nightmare last night of that fucking ref somehow not calling a penalty on Fabri for cross-checking Toby from behind into the bench. Absolute bizarre non-call, and I have no idea how the zebras didn't call that bullshit.

Got to Barclay's yesterday and saw Panthers-Islanders on "BKLYN Appreciation Night" (lol)

Anyway, the Panthers managed a grand total of 2 shots in the first period and thanks to Luongo they kept it 0-0.  

And despite them only posting 16 shots, they still won 5-1. WHOO. 

Made me laugh, thanks.

Why does the eastern conference have to be such a cesspool of crappy teams? I was delighted to see the Canucks all the way down at second from the bottom in the West but there are four shittier teams in the East. Way to go, TORAWNUH and company.