DVDVR Message Board

NHL - 2015/16 - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

The Scheifele, Stafford, Perreault line has a big night. Accounting for all 4 of the Jets goals and 9 points over all. If that line can get going consistently, the Jets would be in a much better position. The main problem they have is that they have no natural goal scorers, every thing has to be manufactured through work and luck. Their slump the last month pretty much coincides with the production from their second line.

In other news, Mathieu Perreault is morphing into Luke Harper.

8473618.jpg

Leafs are playing worse and worse and yet they can't stop winning. Pain is indeed coming when we just miss the playoffs and end up picking 12th.

At the beginning of the season I made peace with the fact this is a rebuilding year. They need to stop winning lol.

Used points I got as a Devils STH to get 2 tickets to the upcoming Smackdown taping at Pru as an early Christmas gift for my best friend. My question: do Smackdown tickets count as a reward or should they be classified as a punnishment instead?

Another "neck" injury for sid?

Edit:

@FriedgeHNIC: Crosby BTW said he is ok, saying "There's always concern when it happens, but I'm fine." (Courtesy @penguins)

@FriedgeHNIC: Added(Sid) "I'm probably not surprised, if I was going to get one of those shots, it would be from him." Long history between these two.

Alain Vigneault fired back swiftly, directly and fiercely Saturday morning at Claude Julien, responding to the Boston Bruins coach’s Friday comments that Henrik Lundqvist had done “some acting” on a right knee to the head from Bruins forward Brad Marchand.

“Well, (the Rangers public relations staff) filled me in a little bit on what was said after the game,” Vigneault said. “I mean it’s a little disappointing. Obviously everybody saw the knee to the head. The comments on Hank were very inappropriate. The way Hank conducts himself, on the ice, away from the rink, off the ice, the example that he sets. Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand? For him to say things like that about Hank, totally wrong, and probably Claude is getting a little older and needs to check his eyesight.”
  • Like 1

The Connor Hellebuyck Era in Winnipeg started nicely. Only faced 15 shots, but good on the kid for getting his first win. Anybody wanna Pavelec? Only slightly used.

I'd take him! Can't be worse than the Flames current crop of goalies... Hiller has only been back from injury for one game, and I already want him to go away again.

The Connor Hellebuyck Era in Winnipeg started nicely. Only faced 15 shots, but good on the kid for getting his first win. Anybody wanna Pavelec? Only slightly used.

I'd take him! Can't be worse than the Flames current crop of goalies... Hiller has only been back from injury for one game, and I already want him to go away again.

Cool, we'll take back Frolik. Done deal.

Cool, we'll take back Frolik. Done deal.

If that's the cost, then I would rather keep Frolik and roll the dice on whatever goalie comes up in free agency. Frolik is signed long term to a decent contract, and he's been of the Flames 3 or 4 most consistent players.